Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell Power Query..

• 02-09-2006 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

I have a Dell inspiron 6000... I use the power supply most of the time because when I detatch it, the screen goes very dull and dark.

I went into Power Options in the Control Panel, but there's no option to use it on full power when it is just running on the battery..

Is there any way I can use it so that the screen is as bright on just battery as it would be when plugged in..

Cheers for any help you can gimmie! ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

That happens with mine too (Dell Inspiron 1000), I normally just have it plugged in and if it is needed to be plugged out then use the one of the function keys along the top to make the LCD brighter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

there is usually an option in the bios of the dell laptops there is in my c640 and d600 if i remember correctly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Is this a common problem with Dell? Will be using my Inspiron 1300 mainly with mains power, but don't like the sound of having a dull screen on the move. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I don't think so, mine doesn't get terribly dull, just a little bit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Bateman wrote:
    Is this a common problem with Dell? Will be using my Inspiron 1300 mainly with mains power, but don't like the sound of having a dull screen on the move. :(
    It's done to save power and thus extend battery life. Same reason the display goes off after a few minutes of inactivity. ALL laptops always have had this feature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

The Insprion 1300 I was looking at yesterday has a function shift key to change brightness and sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Theres is definitely a function key combination for screen brightness. Ill have a look when I get home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

On mine it is the "fn" key combined with the up and down arrows. Alternatively it can be set in the bios.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I think theres a FN key for functions... too many people only know about the "enter" key...:D

Advertisement