Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X1900XT & and Samsung 20" Widescreen

Options
  • 02-09-2006 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

I'm thinkin of buying a Radeon X1900XT 512MB and Samsung 20" Widescreen LCD my question is will the graphics card be able pump out enough frames per second @ 1600x1050 which is the samsung's native res for me to enjoy all the latest games at their highest detail.

https://komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=317150
    https://komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=322266

The X1900XT will be on a conroe based system with 2GB RAM.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

I run that exact monitor on a X1800XT without any problems....Al games maxed out etc

So you should be fine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Woot !

By the way did you get a DVI cable with that or do I have to pick one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Fro me these new wide screens are a real rip off . for a 20 " moniter you used to get a resolution of 1600x1200 but now with these widescreen moniters you are getting smaller screens!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

1680x1050 isn't that big of a difference compared with 1600x1200, I suppose it comes down to preference I really dig the extra screen realestate with a widescreen display.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

OK mabey im not getting this. But wouldnt the new Widescreen moniters actually smaller then the old 20" ones and have less "realestate",its only because teh ratio has chaged that it appears to have more ,even though it infact does not.??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

^whitey^ wrote:
    Woot !

By the way did you get a DVI cable with that or do I have to pick one up.

No i got one with it, i think! I've a spare one here anyway if you dont get one you can have it.

Yeah the new wide LCD's use the 16:10 aspect racio as opposed to the 16:9. Slightly smaller but not much.

Most new games support the 1680 x 1050 res now....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,612 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

OK mabey im not getting this. But wouldnt the new Widescreen moniters actually smaller then the old 20" ones and have less "realestate",its only because teh ratio has chaged that it appears to have more ,even though it infact does not.??

You're correct, there is less pixels, and less space, and they are generally cheaper/same price a non-widescreen atm. They were more expensive at first, because they were rarer, economics 101 :)

Everything is moving widescreen now, I know my next screen will be, hopefully a Dell 24", even though its vertical will be the same as my current 10" 1600*1200 LCD. Maybe i'll get a 30" if I come into some money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Pacifico wrote:
    No i got one with it, i think! I've a spare one here anyway if you dont get one you can have it.

Yeah the new wide LCD's use the 16:10 aspect racio as opposed to the 16:9. Slightly smaller but not much.

Most new games support the 1680 x 1050 res now....

I have one orderd I can always send it back and get my money back off komplett under their cooling off period thing. Sure tis only 15 yoyo or something.

Thanks for the offer though Pacifico.

Widescreen does seem to be the way things are going especially if its for gaming. Most people would have a widescreen connected to their HTPC so why not have one for your gaming rig.

If its a standard desktop or workstation maybe it is better to not go widescreen.

The main reason I went for that monitor is cause its great value form what I've read.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hmnnn I'd love to get a new widescreen monitor, but the one I have at the moment is great and alive and well. Don't think I could convince the missus we need to upgrade it!

Advertisement