Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Poor Service

Options
  • 02-09-2006 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭

Well, ordered a number plate for a bike I've imported. Ordered online on Thursday last week from fancy plates in Tyrone. Still no fecking plate! emailed them-no response. Caled them, fella says he'll check it out and call me back-never did. Anybody else have experiences with them?

I can't ride the bloody bike without a bloody number plate ffs! :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Keep ringing him and e-mailing him, if you plague him he'll just want to get rid of you and should sort you out.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Why didnt you just go to your local motorfactors? Surely they have the smaller plates for bikes?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,880 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Any bike dealer should be able to do up a stick-on-number bike plate on the spot for a few euro.

Stick-on numbers are illegal but it's what nearly every dealer supplies with a new bike... also you're lucky if they put more than a litre of petrol in :eek:

I always put embossed metal plates on my bikes, Mountjoy Motorcycles do them in a day or two and are reasonably priced

BTW the minimum legal size for a bike plate is approx 5x7 inches (i.e. half the width and half the height of a standard truck plate) there is a PDF on the Revenue site somewhere which gives the measurements. The statutory instrument governing plates says that on a bike, all of the specified measurements can be reduced by up to 50%.

Most people in your situation would just continue to ride it on the UK plate, if stopped I couldn't see anything coming of it if you can prove the VRT has been paid and you're just waiting on the plate.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Advertisement