Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Instruments forum.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Rozie,
    Simple question, if you hate boards.ie so much, and the way it is run, and the people on it. Why the hell do you keep. coming. back?!

Why not simply go be a martyr somwhere else?
    Its the internet, there are thousands of boards to yell on.
    You go on and on and on about how boards and people who use it are so fecked-up, and you constantly say the users / mods / admins (depending on the day of the week), treat you badly, surely it makes no sense to stay?
    Why stay in a place where you feel so hard done by, unless of course, you get a kick out of that?

B

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I don't get this thread.
    lold3ts.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Carnivore wrote:
    She is banned from loads of forums

Ah well in that case, why the hell is she here in the first place!?! ><
    You're applying logic, thats your first mistake.

Sometimes, things can be answered logicaly. Sometimes not tho, and clearly not in this case
    Well she started the thread, and its not the first one. Every few months this happens, and it's always the same "everyone else is in the wrong".

Oh ok. Hrm. I rest my case ><

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I've found a Rozie emoticon:

rant.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Well from how many forums is Rozie banned for breaking the charter and beligerant postings ?
    Out of all the forums I mod she is currently banned from parenting.

If boards.ie is a community to which we contribute ( by the grace of the admins), how does Rozie contribute?

If a poster causes more hassle then stress then adding to the collective good how long before they are shown the door for good ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

rant.gif

emot-rant.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

Rozie,
    Simple question, if you hate boards.ie so much, and the way it is run, and the people on it. Why the hell do you keep. coming. back?!

The answers clear she lives around a bunch of hicks is bullied rather depressed and needs social interaction of some sort.
    I have to say one would think that having been banned repeatedly Rozie would think before typing; this isn't 'Instant messager' after all.
    I also think that she is treated differently and more harshly than other people. The UL ban was simply for disliking UL.

Alternatively 'she' likes the attention and enjoys wasting other people's time.

MM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Not sure why everyone keeps callin Rozie as 'she', I havent read all his posts so I dont know if thats what he calls himself or not, but Rozie is a 'he'.

And yeah, the UL ban was for constantly giving out about the place, the forum, and the people with nothing to back up the rants with. The previous mod just had enough and so had everyone in the forum.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

If someone starts posting in a forum, does not contribute to the forum and interrupts the general flow of conversation on a forum, they should be removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endymion

440Hz wrote:
    Not sure why everyone keeps callin Rozie as 'she', I havent read all his posts so I dont know if thats what he calls himself or not, but Rozie is a 'he'.

And yeah, the UL ban was for constantly giving out about the place, the forum, and the people with nothing to back up the rants with. The previous mod just had enough and so had everyone in the forum.

You're either stupid or deliberately insulting.

• Advertisement

Carnivore wrote:
    You're either stupid or deliberately insulting.

Im neither thank you very much. Im merely stating fact.

Would you like to elaborate why you think this?

If you are referring to my stating that Rozie is male, well that is just fact, I am based in UL in case you dont know.

If you are referring to my stating why he was banned then how does that make me stupid or insulting. Perhaps you are confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,992 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You're being insulting by referring to Rozie as "he". Now while I agree with everything that has been said regarding Rozie's beligerant style of posting, it remains that it is extremely insulting to draw attention to a transgendered person's identified gender being different to their physical gender and insisting on referring to them by physical gender.

Stark wrote:
    You're being insulting by referring to Rozie as "he". Now while I agree with everything that has been said regarding Rozie's beligerant style of posting, it remains that it is extremely insulting to draw attention to a transgendered person's identified gender being different to their physical gender and insisting on referring to them by physical gender.

Right well transgendered is news to me. I just recognise the guy/girl (dont know what im supposed to use now) from around campus and as far as I was concerned Rozie was a guy... i just thought someone made some mistake.

Gees! This might be feedback but not all of us are out to insult people you know. Things can be said in a perfectly innocent manner too you know.

Rozie is a transsexual. It is considered insulting to refer to a MtoF Transexual as Male, when they clearly express a desire to berconsidered female. Her transsexuality became a major focal point when she was banned from the UL forum and I do believe (i'm open to correction) she accused nukem of homophobia. To know about the ban, and also claim to know the reasons for it, but to be completely oblivious to these facts strikes me a rather stupid.

However to be aware of what rozie is, and to chose to not only ignore it but confront her and others about it, strikes me as diliberately being insulting, and only serves adds weights to some of rozies previous accusations.

Ps it pains me greatly to be defending her in any way shape or form.

Edit, stark got there first.

Ok im not getting into a feedback argument. Arguing is not my cup of tea. Rozie was banned from UL for being abusive and insulting to other members and the mod. That is all. Pointing out the he/she topic was not intended to be insulting.

@carnivore, I dont remember every detail of every post that was made in the UL banning saga... some things people CAN forget you know. Ever hear of innocent mistakes.

Kindly do not call me stupid again. Thanks. I dont intend to insult anyone in here and would appreciate it if they did the same.

Rozie, you know I have not had any personal issues with you, in fact have tried to offer you advice on course related matters, so I hope you dont take that as an insult. It was not intended that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 slightly lost

Rozie,

Why not simply go be a martyr somwhere else?
    Its the internet, there are thousands of boards to yell on.
    You go on and on and on about how boards and people who use it are so fecked-up, and you constantly say the users / mods / admins (depending on the day of the week), treat you badly, surely it makes no sense to stay?
    Why stay in a place where you feel so hard done by, unless of course, you get a kick out of that?

B

From a guy who is on a second or third account for losing the plot once or twice? Thats rich. The people baiting Rozie should take a step back for the greater good they so dearly hold IMHO. Before someone says that for 9 posts I know a lot, please search the help desk. My old account is MIA with no answers as to why. I think it was deleted by age and post count during an upgrade. I'd link it but there is no search any more and I have given up trying to find my old posts.

440Hz wrote:
    @carnivore, I dont remember every detail of every post that was made in the UL banning saga... some things people CAN forget you know. Ever hear of innocent mistakes.

I've accept that you honestly didn't know, but your posts gave the impression you where well aware of the circumstances of her banning, and the subsequent ****e which she posted about it banning on about being transgendered, and how it was the only reason she was banned.

Personally, I'd took it for granted that someone saying that they wouldn't even consider lifting a ban, had all the facts, then again search aint exactly working great.

Ps I really really don't like defending Rozie in any way shape or form.

Carnivore wrote:
    Personally, I'd took it for granted that someone saying that they wouldn't even consider lifting a ban, had all the facts, then again search aint exactly working great.

What i said was that we were considering lifting the ban now that the modship had changed hands. But Rozie has left for UCC now anyway so makes no odds (all the best with that). I didnt realise that the time that she wasnt coming back.

As for having the facts.. i followed the issues in UL up the point where she was banned, and I know there were a few feedback threads afterwards regarding Nukem and his actions. To be honest, I didnt read them as Nukem is a mate and I didnt really wanna read a load of crap that wasnt true. I dont think that as the new mod I need to reread every feedback of every banned user do I?

quits then carnivore? I understand why you would jump at what I said... just dont assume the worst next time :)

Cheers!

A sure no problem. Sure all of Rozies posts are a big pile of crazy ****e, rapped up in self delusion, I really wouldn't expect someone to go searching through them, in fact I wish I'd never read them to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Thread of the Day ftw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Rozie wrote:
    words...

There are rules that were created for a reason, these rules are enforced by moderators, most of these rules are stickied in charters which you can read.

You can avoid being banned very easily on boards, but you seem to think that those that cannot control their tempers and post in a civil manner should be exempt from the rules.

It's blatently obvious to me that you still have a lot of personal issues and chose to vent your frustrations on any authourity that you interact with.

Have you ever thought that your lack of support is to do with the fact that you are wrong? Is that such a hard concept to accept? Or is it just to ignore logic and continue the fallacy that every moderator here is out to get you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Man, I'm still banned from that forum. This is a huge bump but Amp's post angered me no end so i thought I'd get in a last comment.
    It's blatently obvious to me that you still have a lot of personal issues and chose to vent your frustrations on any authourity that you interact with.

Any authority that does not back itsself on logical justification. Authority should NEVER be accepted just because it is authority, yet most people do anyway.
    Have you ever thought that your lack of support is to do with the fact that you are wrong?

Why is it that you never seem to consider that you or the practices of people here are wrong? You are, after all, the one in the position where being "wrong" can have a serious negative effect. So why is it all asking me to question if I'm wrong, but not you? Is it possible that I am right after all, and your way of thinking is flawed and heavily biased?

You have never even considered that I might be right, because you're in a position where you can do that and get away with it as the vast majority of people will just suck you with whatever you do anyway.

It doesn't matter if nobody else ever supports me, ever. Yes, it may make it less likely that I'm right, but it ultimately does nothing to alter the truth value of my argument. The fact that you have to rely on such tactics may well impact the value of yours, however.
    Is that such a hard concept to accept? Or is it just to ignore logic and continue the fallacy that every moderator here is out to get you?

You're a joke - you mention "logic" after your last statement was a blatant Appeal to the Majority. You have no idea what logic is. It is not a buzzword.

I have seen no logic, and reflecting on this thread a few months later, I still see none. It is nothing but a bunch of accusations, illogical statements and personal attacks. There has been no real defense.
    Theres more to life then trying to get unbanned from one small section on a huge forum!

That's not the point. People shouldn't be able to act like strict muppets purely because they CAN. Why are members flung off subforums left and right for minor offenses yet moderators themselves seem to be able to do as they please?
    Boards.ie is the largest Irish forum and the only one that contains many subforums. It is very difficult to find other Irish forums because people come here instead. Saying "just find another place, management's word is final" is looking at a version of the situation so simplified it's completely useless to even consider.

I would like, some day, if someone could actually engage me in a logical argument on this, but I doubt they ever will. It will be nothing but appeal to force and personal attacks.

I've been "calming down" elsewhere but when I realised I was still banned from a forum over very little it just pissed me the hell off. When a bunch of people can shout very loudly telling you how crazy they are, they don't "Need" to present a logical argument. There is nothing I or anyone can do to change this as they'd just be branded as "crazy" too.

It is ridiculous. Banning people permanently for relatively minor offenses is ridiculous. YES YOU CAN DO IT BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE YOU RIGHT. Not only are moderators ABLE to do it, and are given to "right" to be able to, they are not allowed to be criticised for the decisions they make in anything but the tamest of manners. You can do all sorts of things - it doesn't them from making the person doing them a complete asshole. Me rallying against something I can see as incompetent and corrupt doesn't really impact on me much as a person. I'm not really hurting anyone - I can't, in the vast minority. Barring someone from a forum permanently DOES impact someone negatively. Flame-ish threads can be locked or ignored. Bans cannot.
    Nobody seems to care about that - they just see an opportunity to jump on top of someone with a strongly opposing viewpoint.

There are not always alternatives, and it is rarely convenient or potentially successful to "create your own". It is simply much better if the moderators in question don't act like *****.

And thanks, 440hz, for reminding me why I left UL.

"Rules is Rules", unless applying to objective constants, is THE most illogical statement you can give, as it DIRECTLY contradicts critical thinking, which is the foundation of Logic. No matter what you can do to me as a moderator, you are wrong on this, absolutely. By definition. And it would quieten me down a whole lot if you'd at least admit that.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with bitching, moaning, and questioning just about every little thing whoever is in charge of what is doing. It's the only way to make things improve. How else would they? Most people like to screw other people over, even if they claim they're donating their "free time" for an "invaluable service"(i.e. longer e-penis from being a moderator). That's why they make complaining out to be "immature".

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

How many of us have to admit it before you go away?
    Can I admit it three times?

How many of us have to admit it before you go away?
    Can I admit it three times?

Admit what?

All you ever do is accuse me of being angry, vicious and generally throw a whole load of BS to me that only makes me angrier because nobody calls you an asshole for doing so. The same is true of a lot of people here.

I'll go away when someone argues with me logically, i.e. no "Just obey the rules" or oversimplifying/warping things like Felyla did earlier.

Why is that so much to ask? But I know I'm not going to get that, so I guess I'll go away soon enough anyway.

I wish someone, for once, would try and see things from my point of view and why I'm so utterly frustrated. Unfortunately, this probably requires some degree of critical thinking, which they don't teach you on Bosco.
    I have been an admin before and dealth with difficulties of my own but nobody seems to give a toss about my point of view. Everything that you're saying - I GET IT. But I'm saying that it doesn't make anything actually "right" nor does it excuse any specific scenario.

I shouldn't be banned from the instruments forum. The only time I kick up a storm anymore, is about being banned from the Instruments forum. Why has nobody pointed this out? And that behaviour in one situation is often irrelevant to another?

I suppose it's a power thing - unbanning me would mean what I said actually changed something, I actually got "My way" for ONCE, god forbid(I find these remarks funny when moderators "get their way" on a regular basis even if it's a very stupid decision), meaning certain people may be wrong. So that's more than likely why

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Rozie wrote:
    Man, I'm still banned from that forum. This is a huge bump but Amp's post angered me no end so i thought I'd get in a last comment.

Any authority that does not back itsself on logical justification. Authority should NEVER be accepted just because it is authority, yet most people do anyway.

Why is it that you never seem to consider that you or the practices of people here are wrong? You are, after all, the one in the position where being "wrong" can have a serious negative effect. So why is it all asking me to question if I'm wrong, but not you? Is it possible that I am right after all, and your way of thinking is flawed and heavily biased?

You have never even considered that I might be right, because you're in a position where you can do that and get away with it as the vast majority of people will just suck you with whatever you do anyway.

It doesn't matter if nobody else ever supports me, ever. Yes, it may make it less likely that I'm right, but it ultimately does nothing to alter the truth value of my argument. The fact that you have to rely on such tactics may well impact the value of yours, however.

You're a joke - you mention "logic" after your last statement was a blatant Appeal to the Majority. You have no idea what logic is. It is not a buzzword.

I have seen no logic, and reflecting on this thread a few months later, I still see none. It is nothing but a bunch of accusations, illogical statements and personal attacks. There has been no real defense.

That's not the point. People shouldn't be able to act like strict muppets purely because they CAN. Why are members flung off subforums left and right for minor offenses yet moderators themselves seem to be able to do as they please?
    Boards.ie is the largest Irish forum and the only one that contains many subforums. It is very difficult to find other Irish forums because people come here instead. Saying "just find another place, management's word is final" is looking at a version of the situation so simplified it's completely useless to even consider.

I would like, some day, if someone could actually engage me in a logical argument on this, but I doubt they ever will. It will be nothing but appeal to force and personal attacks.

I've been "calming down" elsewhere but when I realised I was still banned from a forum over very little it just pissed me the hell off. When a bunch of people can shout very loudly telling you how crazy they are, they don't "Need" to present a logical argument. There is nothing I or anyone can do to change this as they'd just be branded as "crazy" too.

It is ridiculous. Banning people permanently for relatively minor offenses is ridiculous. YES YOU CAN DO IT BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE YOU RIGHT. Not only are moderators ABLE to do it, and are given to "right" to be able to, they are not allowed to be criticised for the decisions they make in anything but the tamest of manners. You can do all sorts of things - it doesn't them from making the person doing them a complete asshole. Me rallying against something I can see as incompetent and corrupt doesn't really impact on me much as a person. I'm not really hurting anyone - I can't, in the vast minority. Barring someone from a forum permanently DOES impact someone negatively. Flame-ish threads can be locked or ignored. Bans cannot.
    Nobody seems to care about that - they just see an opportunity to jump on top of someone with a strongly opposing viewpoint.

There are not always alternatives, and it is rarely convenient or potentially successful to "create your own". It is simply much better if the moderators in question don't act like *****.

"Rules is Rules", unless applying to objective constants, is THE most illogical statement you can give, as it DIRECTLY contradicts critical thinking, which is the foundation of Logic. No matter what you can do to me as a moderator, you are wrong on this, absolutely. By definition. And it would quieten me down a whole lot if you'd at least admit that.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with bitching, moaning, and questioning just about every little thing whoever is in charge of what is doing. It's the only way to make things improve. How else would they? Most people like to screw other people over, even if they claim they're donating their "free time" for an "invaluable service"(i.e. longer e-penis from being a moderator). That's why they make complaining out to be "immature".
    The answer is "YES".

Now can you repeat that again :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Rozie wrote:

People can liken forums to getting thrown out of pubs, but it's really not the same thing. In real life, you can protest against the government as strongly as you like in most "modern" countries. Not so online. A whole load of people wanting to take shots at a disliked person just do so and that person eventually gets banned or hammered into submission. This is a problem. The internet can never be a truly great communication tool as long as it is basically a bunch of dictatorships ruled by flawed memes thrown together in a bundle.
    Its takes you 3 months to retort and my eyes are still bleeding :rolleyes:

What, in all honesty, was the point in posting that? That's the kind of crap I'm talking about. It does absolutely nothing for an argument but makes it look like one argument has more backing to it. Comments "for and against" are useless without any substance, but most people don't see it that way. This is extremely unfair and little more than spam.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Rozie wrote:
    What, in all honesty, was the point in posting that? That's the kind of crap I'm talking about. It does absolutely nothing for an argument but makes it look like one argument has more backing to it. Comments "for and against" are useless without any substance, but most people don't see it that way. This is extremely unfair and little more than spam.
    Now hold on a sec here, you didn't quote myself or muffler so how do I know which post your referencing? Sure it must be muffler your talking about as he's always spamming good advice and rational arguments, I take it thats what you would probably consider spam.

delly wrote:
    Now hold on a sec here, you didn't quote myself or muffler so how do I know which post your referencing? Sure it must be muffler your talking about as he's always spamming good advice and rational arguments, I take it thats what you would probably consider spam.

I was referencing your post. And why the **** would I consider rational arguments spam? It's clear at least that I have some understanding of what logic is by being able to identify fallacious statements. Are you only making such idiotic statements to frustrate me, because you know how much I value logic, and making me look like the one who's against what I stand for? This is trolling, and a tactic very typical of US Neo-Conservatives.

• Advertisement

Rozie wrote:
    This is trolling, and a tactic very typical of US Neo-Conservatives.
    Nah, I'm more a fan of Morpheus's Tictacs.

Advertisement