Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Needed: Dog Sitter! (Occasional afternoons or evenings)

Options
  • 02-09-2006 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

OK, I know this sounds totally daft, but we need a dog baby sitter - someone to come hang out on the couch with the dog for an hour in the afternoon or a few hours in the evening.

We have an absolutely lovely Boxer dog who can't be left alone. She's a rescue dog we adopted from the shelter and very nervous, so we would prefer there be a human in the house when we go out... I think she'd panic on her own.

If you're a student and want to earn a some euros while you study, for example, this would be a great gig. We're in the Mardyke on Dyke Parade, easy from UCC. We've got a laptop you can use in our living room, WiFi, TiVo, cable, and all the popcorn, tea and coffee you can consume. Bring your own cans.

Qualifications:

* Calm - Eimear isn't a dog you play with. She's a dog who sleeps and slobbers on you.
    * Kind - She's had a horrible life and been abused. She needs people who will always be sweet and gentle with her.
    * Confident - She's slow to warm to people, but she gets there in the end. It's important that you be compassionate about this and not take her fear personally.
    * Reliable - We'd prefer someone who will be around for at least this academic year as it would be nice if Eimear had time to get to know and like you.

Basically, we need someone who can be around so we can go out to dinner now and then, and sometimes when my husband is out of town, I need to do things like go to the grocery store for an hour.

We're paying 5 euros an hour and the only "interview" is a walk to the park with me and the dog :)

Please send me a PM if you're interested, and post here with any questions. Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Aw, I'd love to do that! Pity I study in Edinburgh :(.

I'd say you'll have no trouble finding a volunteer.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

She's a lovely looking dog. I hope you find someone to help mind her. I find it so great when people give a rescue dog a home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Hells_Belle

Aww, thanks, ladies :) She's a little love. And yes, I got some PMs so hopefully we'll have a sitter for Eimear some time soon.

Advertisement