Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about CAO and reapplying

Options
  • 02-09-2006 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭

Ive been offered a course and i was thinkin if i dont like the course would i be able to apply again through the CAO for next year with my LC points? or even in 2 years if i wanted to try and get another course would i be able to just use my points? thnks x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yeah as far as I know you can apply as many years as you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Budo.Judo.Kev

Yes you can. However, if you accept this place, take this course for a year and decide you don't want to do it anymore and apply again, you'll probably have to pay the tuition fees for the first year of the second course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Pez

Yes you can. However, if you accept this place, take this course for a year and decide you don't want to do it anymore and apply again, you'll probably have to pay the tuition fees for the first year of the second course.

Oh okay thank u :D does anyone know how much that would be? Prob about €3000? :confused:

Pez wrote:
    Oh okay thank u :D does anyone know how much that would be? Prob about €3000? :confused:

Depends where you do it, as well as what course 'it' is. Medicine, Chemistry & Engineering will cost more than English, for example.

Some colleges allow you a few weeks grace - so that if you are not happy with a course after one or two weeks, you can drop out and keep your full fees entitlement. As well as this, most colleges allow internal transfers, so if you have a place in Trinity but don't want to do that course, you can apply to do another course in Trinity (provided you obtained the original points, and there's a place for you) etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Pez

Myth wrote:
    Depends where you do it, as well as what course 'it' is. Medicine, Chemistry & Engineering will cost more than English, for example.

Some colleges allow you a few weeks grace - so that if you are not happy with a course after one or two weeks, you can drop out and keep your full fees entitlement. As well as this, most colleges allow internal transfers, so if you have a place in Trinity but don't want to do that course, you can apply to do another course in Trinity (provided you obtained the original points, and there's a place for you) etc.

oh right! so you definetly cant switch courses if you didnt get the points?even if u did a course for a year?:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement