Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damn Magpies

Options
  • 02-09-2006 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi all...

The magpies keep pecking at my window sill and setting of my alarm!

They are doin my head-in and the neighbours.
    I tought they might be after insects at the window, but i was watching one at the house across the road....they were just pecking their beaks on the sill!
    Can anybody tell me what I can do to stop them...please?

Thank you all!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

You could write them a note:) ......seriously though, there was another thread recently here about magpies, look it up on the search engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

On the sill or the glass? If they're attacking the glass, they're probably attacking their own reflection and if you put a big scary bird outline in the window it might scare them off.

Otherwise, umm, ask Mooney Goes Wild on RTE Radio 1 on Saturdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Make the sill really uncomfortable for them to stand or land on.
    Try pasting a sheet of tinfoil on the sill, they dont like that apparently.
    Or even better, get a LOAD of plastic shopping bags. roll them into balls, and *cover* the sill with them. (Put them all into one big paper bag and stick THAT on sill, to stop any tangled feet).
    Another method I've heard is effective, stick old cd's to the sill, they apparently hate looking *down* and seeing a bird *under* them.

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rainbouw

all they want to do is impress their mates so they pick on the most shiny object they can find, the more glittery their nest is, the better the chances of a pick up,,, you live in a built up area, so i suggest you leave flakes of tin foil out in the garden each nite and this should encourage them away from your armani windowsills :)XXXXXXXXX

Advertisement