Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Locked for international calls only?

• 02-09-2006 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

I happen to chance upon the description of a phone for private sale online which states that "only international calls can be made from this phone". The "cursed" phone is a Nokia 6230i - but what does this really mean? That all calls are barred except international outgoing ones? If so, can this not be "reset" to factory default?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

WUSBDesign wrote:
    I happen to chance upon the description of a phone for private sale online which states that "only international calls can be made from this phone". The "cursed" phone is a Nokia 6230i - but what does this really mean? That all calls are barred except international outgoing ones? If so, can this not be "reset" to factory default?

Where is it for sale, on eBay?

The seller could mean it is IMEI blocked in his country or that the phone is configured to block local calls (not sure if that is possible, but if it is a reflash would set it back to factory settings)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'd go with skearons first guess about it being a blacklisted phone. Msg the seller and see what he says ... could also just be very poor english

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭WUSBDesign

If the phone is blacklisted, then surely putting in a SIM and attempting to register it on the network will fail, thereby prohibiting all calls. Why then say only international calls allowed? THis is the curious part......or just a lie.

That phone is indeed for sale on ebay, but it is probably taken off now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

WUSBDesign wrote:
    If the phone is blacklisted, then surely putting in a SIM and attempting to register it on the network will fail, thereby prohibiting all calls. Why then say only international calls allowed? THis is the curious part......or just a lie.

That phone is indeed for sale on ebay, but it is probably taken off now.

True, but it could just be the seller's bad English, or is trying to say it is barred, without eBay noticing and removing his listing!

Advertisement