Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2000 Seat Ibiza 1.0 €3850 - good value?

Options
  • 02-09-2006 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi,

I drove an Ibiza today, looked clean, only a few tiny rusty spots on rear passenger wheelarch. Otherwise the only complaint was that the clutch seemed quite stiff and at 75000 miles it had covered fair a bit of ground.

Its 1.0l, 5 door, full service history, Cam belt done at 65000 miles, Nokia car kit, CD changer in boot, but missing the CD magazine (seller doesnt know if it works).

The seller says he's in the motor trade, but is selling from his house. He's not willing to budge much on the €3850 price.

What do you think?

Cheers
    Clanc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I wouldn't say its a bargain, there's loads of stuff out there if you look around. You could do better than a Seat anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

there's loads of stuff out there if you look around. You could do better than a Seat anyway.

Not very specific, what would you go for with that amount of cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

€3,850 isn't a bad price for a 00 Ibiza. provided it's serviced and in good condition. The one you're describing sounds very average - I'd hold out for another Ibiza, or a Fiesta 1.25

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Here is a cheaper one with lower mileage and a warranty:

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=492726

There should be a bit of flexibility on that price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That is unbelievably cheap given the mileage

• Advertisement
Advertisement