Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New bands worth a mention???

• 03-09-2006 12:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭

Its been a while since a new band has come along and peaked my interest,
    so I was wondering if there are any new bands out there that you guys feel are worth a mention here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

need to be a bit more specific with what you're into...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

BizzyC wrote:
    Its been a while since a new band has come along and peaked my interest,
    so I was wondering if there are any new bands out there that you guys feel are worth a mention here?

Depends. What are you into in general?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Well this is the Rock & Metal forum....

As long as its not thrashy metal, I can enjoy it.

BizzyC wrote:
    Well this is the Rock & Metal forum....

The genre of metal alone can covere anything from Linkin Park to Spiral Architect to Morbid Angel... You can see where I'm going with this? It would help if you could give an idea of some bands you're into, you might get some more accurate recommendations.
    BizzyC wrote:
    As long as its not thrashy metal, I can enjoy it.

So that's any Thrash Metal out of the question then.

New bands, eh? Dunno how new is 'New' but try, Green Carnation, Arcturus, Sonata Arctica, Madder Mortem, Biomechanical, Mastodon (If you've not heard 'em already) High On Fire and Evergrey.

No idea if those are anything close to what you'd like, but they're Rock/Metal and not Thrash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Just picked up All That Remains album The Fall Of Ideals at the weekend and its been on permanent repeat since then. Metalcore at its absolute finest, no whiney vocals but still keeping those big chorus' and some great guitar. That said theres some pretty diverse stuff on there, the death metal influenced "The Weak Willed" being one of the stranger standout tracks. Assuming this is alright by the mods, have a look at Media Burial Videos for the video to the first single The Calling.

Outside of that the new Unearth album is pretty great, not as good as their previous album The Oncoming Storm but still a metal CD worth getting.

Theres also 3 Inches Of Blood, their finest effort to date imo Advance And Vanquish can be had in HMV for a tenner and its definitly worth getting it. Music to drink too imo. :D

• Advertisement

gizmo wrote:
    Metalcore at its absolute finest

I think Unearth are better myself. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Well that comment was more directed at ATR being "proper" metalcore rather than some of the whiney stuff people have an aversion too. :)

As for Unearth, yes <3 indeed. In The Eyes Of Fire is great but as I said, I still don't think its as good as The Oncoming Storm. I assume you've seen their new video for Giles btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭The Long Fellow

Definitely a big mention for GLYDER, they're not so much metal, but plenty of rock, big Lizzy & Maiden fans and you can hear it in the music, a very promising new Irish band AT LAST!!!!!!!!

www.glydermusic.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

New Project and The Sword:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Thanks for the suggestions, checkin them all out.

Never hear of Unearth either, really like the sound of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

...also, check out Reverend Bizzare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The Sword:p

I'd definitely recommend The Sword! Absolutely brilliant band, Age of Winters is one of the most solid debut albums I've ever heard! I'm dyin to see them live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

The Sword get alotta buzz on the interweb never checked em out though, I must!

Good newish band is Wintersun, side project of one of the Ensiferum boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Gojira are the ****, especially the album "from mars to sirius"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭hickm4

Gojira are indeed the biz......3 very diverse albums, with bits of everything in them ( not really a new band but just making a name now )...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Hehe nice to see Unearth getting a bit of appreciation \m/

Another band, aren't by any means 'new', but have a new record out; Norma Jean. Good stuff.

And a good up-and-coming screamo band are Saosin. Though you'd probably hate 'em. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭sonic juice

check out a band called 'mindless self indulgence',they are not exactly new but I dont know anyone outside my circle of friends who knows them-their song 'shut me up' has to be heard!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭sonic juice

oh oh and check out 'wolf eyes', I dont know if its music its more just noise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Wolf Eyes is definitely music, glorious music!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭kkposse

check out german hardcore Heavens shall burn...really good:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement