Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insurance Advice

• 03-09-2006 5:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Right here is the situation... I moved to Uk last month my current insurance company allowed me to drive in the EU for 31 days which i did and now back with my car.. Now my insurance is up at the end of Oct where i will have 3yrs ncb.... Been gettin quotes in Uk and there is a 40 pound diff between 2 and 3 yrs ncb...My Question being would it be possible for my insurance company to issue a 2yrs ncb and i use that and then when my insur is up in oct issue the 3yr and would the Uk insurance company accept the 3 yrs NCB, It was mentioned in my last thread that get my policy extended Abroad question was would my irish insurance company insurance a UK car...As i am just after selling my current car at the moment...

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Depends.

How much do you pay for your current cover and how often?

For the sake of €40 I'd cancel your Irish policy once your Irish car is sold, and then go to the UK insurers. I reckon you'd have a good chance of them allowing you the full 3 years as is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I have already asked my Insurance Company last month that if i canx in Sep will they allow me have 3 yrs ncb they said No... That was last month though... I Paid 1005 for my current insurance and paid the full fee up front...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Right bit of an update on this rang the insurance company... They said they wont issue me with a 2 yrs ncb and wont issue me a 3yrs ncb even 2 weeks early they said there was no way around it... But... I asked would they cover a UK reg car she said yeah that they give a Month before the car needs to be changed to an Irish Plate so what i will do is buy a car change my insurance to the UK car and by the time the month is up the policy will be up...

Advertisement