Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost password

• 03-09-2006 5:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

My admin password has been changed accidently and I have no idea what it is. I now cant log on. Is there anything I can do to reset the password with formatting the computer or wiping everything?

Dell D600 latitude laptop
    Windows XP service pack 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

get your hands on a copy of ERD commander or use BART PE with Lock smith, also there are some Linux password crackers out there also but have never used them

ERD is your friend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Search boards.ie. One I've used and recommend:
    http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
    Read instructions on the page (In short: Pop onto floppy or CD (Note which you download). Boot from disc/k. Follow menu instructions. Done. (Only takes a minute to load and blank the password). Login and set passwords. Remember passwords. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

thats the one I was on about Thanks !

Just to clarify: This won't give the password back (crack); it just blanks the password for an account.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If you were an admin user you could have run system restore to revert to earlier settings.
    If it was FAT32 you could have tried copying files from the repair folder to the %windir%\system32\config
    But I've had to use the password disk before when doing that caused the passwords in different parts of the reg went out of synch :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I swear by the Ultimate Boot CD for tasks like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I also require this for a laptop, happened to my sisters laptop last night. She changed her password only yesterday and it wont work now (tried caplocks the lot!).

http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

anyhow, which download do I use? I'll havto use a CD as there is no floppy.

thanks

# cd060213.zip (~3MB) - Bootable CD image, with newer drivers. (md5sum: ca9393cd64d41b8953d2066c496a1d10)

(Download. Unzip. Burn .iso (With nero, etc.))

Advertisement