Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horse gear

Options
  • 03-09-2006 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone knows of good place to get some horse riding gear, I'm looking to pick up a hat and some boots for my son.
    Many thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Equestrian World in Maynooth are good. Aldi and Lidl do horsey gear now and then as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭popppy

thanks nala, will check it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

There are tack shops about the place, Golden Pages are your best bet.

Don`t go with Aldi, not convinced with the quality and with something as important as safety there is not a chance I would buy a hat there.

Has your son been riding long?. If not he doesn`t need the stuff, all riding schools supply hats and most supply shoes. All he needs is a shoes with a slight heel or a pair of wellies. Boots and hats are expensive enough, for shoes I would get them a bit big. You could keep an eye out for notices in buy and sell or tack shops, riding schools of out grown boots for sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭popppy

Cheers doc,
    He's been riding a few months now and is well and truly bitten by the bug !! He's eating sleeping horses at the moment and it's his birthday this week so he wants to get some boots and a hat with his b'day money. I reckon you are right about hats from aldi, I would rather spend a little extra for piece of mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

You could try Holmstead down near Naas if your in that direction. In relation to buying a hat would advise to go for one that has the BS EN1384 and the kite approved and buy a new one. If the hat has already had a knock it will not be as strong or as good as it was. Also would be a good idea to invest in a back protector with the kite mark (If your son sticks to the riding)

• Advertisement
Advertisement