Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sore eyes

Options
  • 03-09-2006 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Anybody here get sore eyes while surfing? Mine are bloodshot from yesterday. I think it is the salt but they hurt worse when it is sunnier so I'm not really sure. Any ideas on what causes it and how to solve it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

i get sore eyes in the water...i use normal saline drops...i get them from work but i think you can buy the same or similar in chemists...they just wash the salt out of your eyes...i'm sure optrex or something would work? If it gets really bad you could take anti hystimines...for allergies but treats the symptom so it might work and its over the counter....just make sure it doesn't cause drowsines...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

If it's sunny it could be a form of snowblindness. Seen it happen out on boats due to the glare of the sun off the water. No idea how to avoid it surfing. Use sunglasses anytime you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Dub_Ster

cue wrote:
    Anybody here get sore eyes while surfing? Mine are bloodshot from yesterday. I think it is the salt but they hurt worse when it is sunnier so I'm not really sure. Any ideas on what causes it and how to solve it?

you big baby ule get used to it :) , its not that bad , after a few months :D

you could waer gogels but you look like a complete numbty :p

Advertisement