Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestling news sites

• 03-09-2006 5:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

Just wondering which sites people use for their wrestling news!

Personally, I use www.impactwrestling.com and www.wwe.com!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Mostly check Rajah

But 1wrestling.com, PWI & NoDQ are other good ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

There was something posted on PWInsider.com a while ago, that I tend to completely agree with. There's 3 main wrestling sites (PWInsider, PWTorch and WrestlingObserver) who get all their info from proper sources, and the people who run the sites are in it full time, that's their livelihoods. Sites like NoDQ, ImpactWrestling and whatever else, they're just lads with computers who copy whatever they read on the reputable sites, doing no work themselves. They always have ridiculous links too. I usually only ever take a look at PWInsider, their info is always right, and I kinda think it's only fair that I support guys who do real work, and not the lads that plaigiarise them

WWE.com is ridiculous, they switch from work to shoot in every article. Haven't watched it in over a month at this stage, apart from Summerslam, so I haven't really looked at it recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 goonthedan

i find typing wwe in on google news good..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Figure Four online which is also run full time (www.f4wonline.com) by Bryan Alvarez is without doubt the best wrestling site on the web and I'll plug it forever. Its at its best when wrestling is at its worst. I'd recommend the premium content highly. 7 radio shows a week (hour long shows with Dave Meltzer, Lance Storm, Vampiro, Konnan, Buddy Rose and Harry Smith. just to name a few), 25000 word newsletter each week, an archive of radio shows going back 6 months and an archive of 200 previous newsletters.

But just as a free site, it has the news daily, 2 free wrestling radio shows a week ( the Brian and Vinny Tuesday show is so entertaining.) Alvarez as a wrestling radio host is miles a head of anyone I've heard doing it on the web with the exception of Meltzer on wrestling observer live.

Its informative, has all the news but above all else makes wrestling fun, even the bad stuff. Sometimes I think particuliarly the torch takes it far too seriously in terms of over analysing segments.

PWtorch and PWinsider in terms of premium content is second rate to Figure Four. I've tried them all and there not even close to what Alvarez offers.

Personally I don't read anything from PWinsider anymore. There headlines tend to be deliberately misleading and just waste your time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

I use 411wrestling

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

yeah, use 411mania too, think they cull most of thier news from the various sites listed above, but some of their columns are interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Rajah, been using it for the last 6 years and is always reliable and up to date. At one stage I followed Rajah more closeley then I did any of the products that are out there.

Its handy now that I have the RSS feed on my personalised google homepage, always see if there is ant new news asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Fozzy wrote:
    There was something posted on PWInsider.com a while ago, that I tend to completely agree with. There's 3 main wrestling sites (PWInsider, PWTorch and WrestlingObserver) who get all their info from proper sources, and the people who run the sites are in it full time, that's their livelihoods. Sites like NoDQ, ImpactWrestling and whatever else, they're just lads with computers who copy whatever they read on the reputable sites, doing no work themselves. They always have ridiculous links too. I usually only ever take a look at PWInsider, their info is always right, and I kinda think it's only fair that I support guys who do real work, and not the lads that plaigiarise them

WWE.com is ridiculous, they switch from work to shoot in every article. Haven't watched it in over a month at this stage, apart from Summerslam, so I haven't really looked at it recently
    PWinsider?
    i keep getting redirected to some lame site advertising crap.
    is that meant to happen?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

julep wrote:
    PWinsider?
    i keep getting redirected to some lame site advertising crap.
    is that meant to happen?

Me took

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Wrestlingdb.com or the-w.com are pretty good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Yeah..PWInsider seem to have somethin up with their ads. They had an article explaining exactly why they'd be having those full screen ads that scroll down the page, but now it seems like those ads are redirecting you. If you click stop just as the ad comes up it's fine. I thought someone had just downloaded some ****ty virus here though..

Advertisement