Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[article]New Eircom boss already winning over wary sceptics

Options
  • 03-09-2006 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

from tribune.ie
    DAMIEN Mulley, the Ireland Offline broadband activist, was positively effusive in his praise for newly minted Eircom CEO Rex Comb after listening to the latter's maiden interview on Morning Ireland last Friday morning.

"The first thing he talked about was broadband availability, " said Mulley. "It's what we've been pushing for the last three to four years, an issue that ComReg, the Department of Communications and Eircom have ignored . . . the white elephant in the room. "So I'd say he's off to a good start. Mentioning customers quite a bit."

Mulley said he was contacted Friday afternoon by an Eircom customer who had an issue with his phone service. After receiving no satisfaction from the frontline customer service call centre, the customer sent an email to the company's top brass.

"He got a reply email from [Babcock & Brownappointed Eircom executive chairman] Pierre Danon, to whom he hadn't even sent the email. That's customer service, " said Mulley.

If it's a charm offensive, it seems to be working

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I'm getting excited, but I'm afraid of it being in vain...
    Here's hoping...

Advertisement