Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS: Airis T920 or Garmin Nuvi 310/360?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

thats not the airis charger,one from a moto v3 (mobile phone) or xda s mini will do the job too.

can be picked up in any phone store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Garoad

I appreciate your help,thank you.I wonder why pixmania are advertising the charger as Airis have a look and see http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/424189/art/airis/cigar-lighter-charger.html
    I have to say it is a relief to know there's another charger,as of now she can only recharge vis USB.Thanks again Sobe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

AFD wrote:
    I will be out there later so lets see if my software tries the same stunt ! Might be kinda fun! Maybe its an illegal wall !!!!! Not sure if its navtexq or 66 who update.

Sycamore avenue from Blackrock here I come...............wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Well how did you get on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 XDA2prisoner

Anyone find away of entering Longitude and latitude as a destination in Route66 ???? Cant find my manual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

digitaldr wrote:
    This is from the route 66 site:

Product: Navigate
    Operating system: Windows Mobile Pocket PC
    Version: 7
    What activation restrictions apply?

It looks like you'll be alright pity you didn't get your 2nd Airis without the maps! If you need to use the card reader a couple of times I believe a major catalogue shop have a no questions asked return policy;)
    Probably a mile off here, but does this mean that if you purchase 2 of these you only need to get one set of maps??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

It looks that way to me - has anyone actually tried it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

digitaldr wrote:
    It looks that way to me - has anyone actually tried it??
    Thanks for the reply. Hope we get a deffo on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Took the plunge and ordered mine today :) ... €246.40 including delivery with the help of the pixmania discount code below

http://www.pixmania.com/dev/gui_web/shopping/index.php?fuseaction=partenaire&PartID=601&oldlangue=ie&srcid=391&mctag=uk_10668

Also found this on ebay but the thing is he wont post to Ireland just UK

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290072767482&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

pissed wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290072767482&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1

Did u ask him??

• Advertisement

Did u ask him??

Yup, I emailed him and the first reply I got was " sorry UK only". To be honest I was surprised myself so I mailed him again and asked just out of curiousity why he didnt ship. Basically he said he generated enough business in the UK and had no reason to ship elsewhere :confused: , pity as it was a decent price if the postage would'nt have been high. Anyways got one in pixmania :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

This has to be one of the best gadgets I've ever bought. I never would be able to go to half the places I do without it.

It doesn't work all the time though. Yesterday I was driving from Swords to Castleknock, and for some reason the unit brought me up to the M50 (even though I had avoid motorways turned on) and I got lost for about 30 mins. However that may have been due to losing the signal in the heavy rain. It could also have been due to selecting "fastest route" instead of "shortest route".

In fact, does anyone know the difference between the two??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

In clondalkin if u select fastest it brings u round the bypass, shortest will bring u through the village...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 -envy-

Hi All,

Need some assistance. Unfortunatley a friend bought the Airis T920A Without the Maps :(
    Similar to this one:
    http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/445720/art/airis/gps-unit-t920-without-map.html

Ive been looking around and ive came up with one solution - 1GB SD Card, Card Writer, and buy Route 66 Nav 7 and add it to the SD Card. Would this work?
    Also could i run any other navigation software such as TomTom Maps e.t.c, or does it need to be Route 66 Nav 7?
    And one last question is there anywhere else to buy the software at a cheaper price than the Route 66 Shop.

Thanks in advance!
    envy

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Airis Navigator + Route 66 Navigate 7, Europe

Our Price: €430.00 incl. Vat 1-2 Day Postal Delivery: € 15.00

How can they sleep at night :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭b318isp

pissed wrote:

He doesn't sell the Europe CD - only UK and Ireland. How could someone get the Europe DVD seperately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Just recieved my airis 920, just a quick question to those who have one! Do I need a memory card reader to install ireland and uk maps, or is there any way of installing maps when the card is in the navigator? I can seem to get the maps installed without a reader and am gonna need to buy one if there isnt another way to install!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 focusman

Is it just me or is this the most ridiculously long, and well off-subject, thread EVER ;-)

Just a thought...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Salmon wrote:
    Just recieved my airis 920, just a quick question to those who have one! Do I need a memory card reader to install ireland and uk maps, or is there any way of installing maps when the card is in the navigator? I can seem to get the maps installed without a reader and am gonna need to buy one if there isnt another way to install!!

As mentioned in some threads, there is a certain shop that have a liberal return policy on memory card readers, among other things ;). I may have to avail of their offer too (the compaq nw8240 that has a built-in SD card reader seems to only recognize 1 GB max, and I got one of those 2 GB 'Dane Elec' from 7dayshop).

• Advertisement

Mine arrived today too, installed the Irish maps. 1 question though, am I supposed to have an mp3 option at startup on the navigator screen. All I have is two icons - the red flag and the hammer and spanner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kamcd

hi bought the airis t920a in tesco last night.

i have two questions and would appreciate help with both of them :)

1) my charging led seems to be staying amber instead of changing to green when charged.

2) can i buy europe maps from route 66 to put on this pnd??

i was on the route 66 site and the pnd software they are selling seems to only work on their own "chicago" pnd.

am i right??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 patandang24@msn

cant get my activation key what must i do

for patandang24,

log into www.66.com/activation and firstly put in the code from inside the cd box. then you will be asked for your product code (a longer number from the unit) and then you will recieve your activation code.

hope this helps.

could you let me know how u get on with the battery light and how good at picking up a gps signal it is. i'm having doubts about the perfermance of my unit.

my charging led seems to be staying amber instead of changing to green when charged.

I had mine on charge for about 5 hrs yesterday, went to work, came home this morning and had it on again for about 2 hrs and its showing green now.

how good at picking up a gps signal
    just took mine outside the front door and picked up 4 sats in about 15 - 20 seconds. Hope that helps.

has anyone managed to upgrade to europe maps from britain and ireland one's. i thought it would simply be a matter of buying the maps from either airis or www.66.com but i got the following e-mail from 66 this morning.

"The installer of the software was modified, so it can be installed on the AIRIS PND devices. We do not sell this versions of the software and none of our updates or upgrades of Navigate7 is compatible with PND devices.

Please contact Airis to find out if they sell other country versions for this device.

Best regards,

Carolina JUBIRCA

ROUTE 66 Customer Support

i can't find a way of getting in touch with anyone in airis so it looks like i may be stuck with a unit i can't upgrade the maps on :mad:

I take it the Tesco one did not come with the full maps then. The ones sold from Pixmania have full european maps supplied on a DVD.

Just out of curiousity how much did the unit cost in Tesco. I have never seen them there?

the unit was 299 euros wit just britain and ireland maps.

me thinks i have been done!!

the fact that it can't be upgraded seems crazy.

still having problems getting the battery charged anyone else??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

i got one of the T920's the other day from pixmania (it only took 3 days) and its a great gadget. very impressed with the features overall such as the ability to set a speed limit warning for different types of roads. i also realised my speedo is fairly optimistic by as much as 12 km/h at an indicated 100km/h on the unit. :D
    i go to France every year for holidays and this will come in very handy and should stop a few rows from developing over navigation between me and she who must be obeyed :rolleyes:
    a big thanks to all the previous posters ( especially eirlink ) for the reviews of the unit.
    if you wish to request a map error update go here http://tinyurl.com/22dn53

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

pissed wrote:

Just got 2 from this guy delivered via a friend in NI. Worked out just under €160 each incl delivery! Q2/2006 UK/Ireland on a 256MB card. Happy days. :D

Advertisement