Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS: Airis T920 or Garmin Nuvi 310/360?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

Hi Cal. You have to go one step more than Jib says. Select your language and click next. The exe starts and brings up a large blue window with route 66 in the middle. search for memory image now and it should show up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

greglo23 wrote:
    Hi Cal. You have to go one step more than Jib says. Select your language and click next. The exe starts and brings up a large blue window with route 66 in the middle. search for memory image now and it should show up.

Thanks that did the trick. I thought I had tried that too but it worked on a different PC so possibly not.

Cal.

OK all transfered. But all I get is an error 'At least one file is missing. Please install the application again'

Has anyone succeeded with this update here yet?

Cal.

I notice that following those instructions also leaves you without a maps directory. I replaced it but still no joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

Cal wrote:
    OK all transfered. But all I get is an error 'At least one file is missing. Please install the application again'

Has anyone succeeded with this update here yet?
    Tried it as well but ended up the same way :( Oh well at least it's easy enough to revert back.

I did however notice that the 'safety camera update' does work. But it doesn't seem to have any Irish 'safety' cameras that I can see.

Cal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Jib51

Ok ****, I've forgottend one step !!
    You need to get "bitmaps.db" from version 2992-WMS (download on same website, and use samed procedure). This is because "Chicago" products are VGA, and our Airis is not.

Sorry for that!

I managed all of that only to get the same error!

Cal.

Cal > could you make a screen capture of your SD card in Windows Explorer ?
    With name of files in all folders...

Last, you could try to copy R66Navigate7.exe from the SD card to the internal memory, in "My Flash disk/Infinity", and rename it "Infinity.exe". Copy also gpstmc.dll to this folder.

And are you sure you've followed all steps ?
    In "res" folder, the file should be "bitmaps.db" and nothing else.
    And don't forget to hard reset...

Yup it works but only after the

"copy R66Navigate7.exe from the SD card to the internal memory, in "My Flash disk/Infinity", and rename it "Infinity.exe". Copy also gpstmc.dll to this folder."

So the routine is:-
    1) Backup SD Card
    2) Format SD Card
    3) Download, run the .exe and select language on "N7_R66CHICAGO_Update_7.0.3285.exe"
    5) Search for "MemoryImage" (Make sure you include search in hidden folders)
    6) Copy the contents (Minus the 'Audioplayer' & 'Route66' folders) to the SD Card. Then exit the Update application.
    7) Download and run "Mobile7_WMS_NC_Update_7.0.2992.EXE". Just execute and then search for the 'MemoryImage' folder as before.
    8) Copy "bitmaps.db" from the res folder to your res folder. You can delete the 'bitmaps-chicago' file that is in your res folder.
    9) Copy R66Navigate7.exe from the SD card to the internal memory, in "My Flash disk/Infinity", and rename it "Infinity.exe". Copy also gpstmc.dll to this folder.
    10) Copy "activation key" and favorites.ini from your backup to the root of your SD card
    11) Do a hard reset and you are updated to Ver 3285 :D

Thanks Jib51 for your help.
    Now to find the benifits of this upgrade.........
    Cal.

I'm glad to see it worked for you :)

And thx for having written again the update guide (english is not my native language, so it's not always easy for me).

About change log :
    Route66 removed this list of bug fix, but the list was huge.
    You'll see a new option to set contrast for night mode and day mode, separetely. I'll try to find out full change log.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Hi Cal I have a few questions.

9) Copy R66Navigate7.exe from the SD card to the internal memory, in "My Flash disk/Infinity", and rename it "Infinity.exe". Copy also gpstmc.dll to this folder.

Do I have to delete the file "infinity" in my flash disk\infinity and then copy the R66Navigate7exe from the SD card to that folder. Also the gpstmc.dll already exists there, has this to be replaced by a newer version or just leave it as it is.

I have done a full backup in active sync so I take it no matter what happens I can revert back to the original setup if I have to ? (most important :D )

Also a thank you to Jib51 for your help.

and lastly did you find any benefits yet :)

yes replace existing "infinity.exe" ans "gpstmc.dll".
    activesync backups don't include SD card, be careful !

If you copy R66Navigate7.exe to infinity and then rename it to Infinity, just rename or delete the original infinity file. You can overwrite or delete the original DLL file too.

Cal.

Thanks a lot Jib51 & Cal :) That was a pretty tortuous procedure I must say but at the end of it, the Airis is now running 7.0.3285.

The bit that confused me most was copying the R66Navigate7.exe & gpstmc.dll to the Infinity folder, this didn't work for me until I copied them from the SD card (inserted into the Airis) to the folder. I've included my full procedure below as it might help people to see it stated in a different way.

Hopefully the update will reduce the crash rate somewhat on the gps!

0) Copy everything on the SD card to a backup
    1) Format SD card
    2) Copy everything from Memory Image for N7_R66CHICAGO_Update_7.0.3285 except ROUTE66 & Audioplayer
    3) Copy bitmaps.db file from memory image for Mobile7_WMS_NC_Update_7.0.2992 to res folder
    4) Delete Bitmaps-chicago.db file in res folder
    5) Copy ActivationKey & Favorites from backup back to root of SD card
    6) Copy maps & pois from backup to root of SD card
    8) Remove SD card & put it back in the Airis
    9) Connect the GPS to the PC & use the activesync to access the internal memory.
    10) Delete everything in the "My Flash disk/Infinity" folder. Copy R66Navigate7.exe & gpstmc.dll from the root of the SD card to the "My Flash disk/Infinity" folder.
    11) Rename R66Navigate7.exe to Infinity.exe in the Infinity folder.
    12) Disconnect, do a hard reset & that should be it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 torokkaroly

Hi All,
    I've just got my t920xxl from pixmania, ireland, happy enough with it, only one thing bothers me is that annoying laud clicking noise when i tap the screen. Anyone know how to get rid of this noise on this unit?
    Thanks for your help in advence!
    Karoly

Hi All,
    I've just got my t920xxl from pixmania, ireland, happy enough with it, only one thing bothers me is that annoying laud clicking noise when i tap the screen. Anyone know how to get rid of this noise on this unit?
    Thanks for your help in advence!
    Karoly

It can be stopped. It is a registry change. That's the easy bit.

The hard bit is reading back on this thread to get the procedure.

Cal.

Cal wrote:
    It can be stopped. It is a registry change. That's the easy bit.

The hard bit is reading back on this thread to get the procedure.

Cal.

Thanks, I have found it, if anyone would like to know the instructions are in page 21 and 22 on this topic!
    I will try it, if got lost, be back for help!
    Do you think the warranty would be effected if i do change the registry?
    The unit is brand new!
    :confused:

Don't worry about warranty, you'll keep it.
    Because you just need to make an hard reset (on/off button) and you'll get factory config.

Highly recommend the upgrade to 7.0.3285, I was using the gps today and not one crash! A huge improvement over the old version where once the route was calculated, pretty much trying to do anything with the gps meant prodding the reset button. Not always easy when you're driving :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Opus what other improvements have you noticed?

• Advertisement

opus wrote:
    Highly recommend the upgrade to 7.0.3285, I was using the gps today and not one crash! A huge improvement over the old version where once the route was calculated, pretty much trying to do anything with the gps meant prodding the reset button. Not always easy when you're driving :rolleyes:

Hi,
    Could you tell me where did you get this update file?
    My software's version is 7.0.1895

By the way, got rid off the clicking noise, and if you use the reset hole vith the stylus holding the soft reset button insted using the on/off swith booting the device wont delete permanently the newly installed applications like powertoys.

Does anyone could recommend a good MP3 player or other useable applications for this device?
    Thanks

Look above, I've explained how to install 3285...

Good player : TCPMP 0.72 RC1.
    Look at my website (in French sorry), you'll find TCPMP in "Applications" section (at the bottom of the page).

http://airist920.zapto.org

digitaldr wrote:
    Opus what other improvements have you noticed?

It's stable that's the big one for me! Feature wise it was fine before but crashed way too much. Jib51 mentioned a bugfix list somewhere that gives full details.

Hi,
    Could you tell me where did you get this update file?
    My software's version is 7.0.1895
    See the posts here, here & here for full details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 nakosjs

Wibbler wrote:
    Hi Folks,

I'm considering buying a standalone In-Car GPS unit and was wondering if anyone here could share their experiences with either the Airis T920 or the Garmin Nuvi 310/360. Although more expensive, and with older map data, I've been veering towards the Garmin unit because of the solid brand name and its 'hands free' phone feature.

Thanks!
    thanks a lot

:d

nakosjs wrote:
    thanks a lot
    thanks

thanks a lot all

Wibbler wrote:
    Hi Folks,

I'm considering buying a standalone In-Car GPS unit and was wondering if anyone here could share their experiences with either the Airis T920 or the Garmin Nuvi 310/360. Although more expensive, and with older map data, I've been veering towards the Garmin unit because of the solid brand name and its 'hands free' phone feature.

Thanks!
    thanks

• Advertisement

nakosjs wrote:
    thanks
    thanks

Advertisement