Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PDA GPS Software?

• 03-09-2006 6:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I've been a user of CoPilot 5 on PPC for a while now and am considering switching to a more up to date product (possibly even a dedicated in car unit to minimize pre trip foostering).

I've not fully committed to a dedicated device yet, so I'm wondering which of the many PDA offerings would provides a good alternative. Stability, clarity in use and access to map updates at reasonable rates are high on my list of wants.

Anyone know what Route 66 Navigate 7 PPC is like in use and whether it has the same Q2 2006 Navteq map data as the version that is shipping in the Airis T920?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I was using CoPilot and while it was ok the coverage wasn't great, I bought AA navigator and installed it on my IMate Jam its excellent value, coverage is almost 95% I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

irish1 wrote:
    I was using CoPilot and while it was ok the coverage wasn't great, I bought AA navigator and installed it on my IMate Jam its excellent value, coverage is almost 95% I'd say.

Thanks Irish1,

How did you find AA Navigator in use, compared to CoPilot? Is it stable and does it have a good feature set?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Its simple to use, menu's are basic and look cheap compared to CoPilot but it works just as well and coverage is excellent plus its good value.

Only one issue I have is when looking for a location in dublin you need to know its postcode number i.e. dublin1 or dublin2 etc.? But you can browse the map and select the location if you can find it.

In summary looks cheap, is cheap but does exactly what it says on the tin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Wibbler wrote:
    Hi Folks,

I've been a user of CoPilot 5 on PPC for a while now and am considering switching to a more up to date product (possibly even a dedicated in car unit to minimize pre trip foostering).

I've not fully committed to a dedicated device yet, so I'm wondering which of the many PDA offerings would provides a good alternative. Stability, clarity in use and access to map updates at reasonable rates are high on my list of wants.

Anyone know what Route 66 Navigate 7 PPC is like in use and whether it has the same Q2 2006 Navteq map data as the version that is shipping in the Airis T920?

Thanks!

There was an update to Copilot 6, however no improvements on Irish maps, I would presume the Copilot 7 update will have these maps, if not look for Mapopolis, AA Navigator or Navigon's Mobile Navigator 6 (due soon) which all use latest Navtech maps, so 100% Irish coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

skearon wrote:
    There was an update to Copilot 6, however no improvements on Irish maps, I would presume the Copilot 7 update will have these maps, if not look for Mapopolis, AA Navigator or Navigon's Mobile Navigator 6 (due soon) which all use latest Navtech maps, so 100% Irish coverage.

Yeah I looked at CoPilot 6, but the upgrade didn't seem worth the asking price given the only slight improvement in map coverage for Ireland.

Route 66 Navigator 7 looks like a good option, but I'm confused over the map coverage. Their website claims Q4 2005 Navteq maps for the PPC version, but the Airis T920 navigation unit, which uses version 7 also, seems to have Q2 2006 maps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement