Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

body hair

• 03-09-2006 8:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Where do most women stand on body hair Im not saying Im wolfman but from waist down Im well covered front and back so comments please and keep on topic please piss takers not appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Just shave/wax, it's not a big deal and it'll make you look/feel better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭lost_for_words

Wouldn't make a difference to me, I thought all men were fairly hairy anyway.

soundadvice dont want to offend you but not really an option id probably be a hospital case after these arent like fine hairs some men would pay to have as good as hair on there heads as my legs now theres an idea lol but seriously it wouldnt be a simple back ,sac, and crack it would be from waist down front and back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Shave it, nd use that hair thinning cream

or if it REALLY bothers you, get it permanently removed with Laser/Electrolysis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

abetarrush wrote:
    Shave it, nd use that hair thinning cream
    You people are actually suggesting that this man shave his legs?

Is that not 100,000 times worse???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

It would be too feminine if a man had no body hair and creepy. Nothing sexier than a hairy chest ;)

kinda agree ape anyway didnt ask anyone should i get rid of it question was what women think of bodyhair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Ah here we go more great advice from boards oh shave it what a great idea :rolleyes: in three years time you will be more hairy than a monkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Budo.Judo.Kev

I've not heard many girls complaining about legs being too hairy. More back and belly that's an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

ThrownAway wrote:
    It would be too feminine if a man had no body hair and creepy. Nothing sexier than a hairy chest ;)

Gross. Sexy hairless body all the way thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

No one can say what all women like or dislike.
    Some won't like it, some won't be bothered about it , some will find it a turn on.

surely laser surgery would require the selling of kidneys to pay for it !!??!!
    how much does it cost? i imagined it to be in the €1000's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

I love hair on a man (especially hairy legs and chest), except for a hairy back. Theres nothing more unsexy imo than a man with no body hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

How much hair are we talking here? Unless you're covered like a gorilla, you'll probably find as many women turned on as turned off by it. And the ones that are attracted to the rest of your package probably won't be hugely bothered either way :)

my back is smooth but my leg hair keeps going up to my waist if you know what i mean ))

Well if it help's mate I have so much hair on my arse that no matter where I sit it feel's like im sitting on a cushion :)

And im only 20 and starting to get very hairy at top all over my body, my back, top of my arm's, everywhere it's just a normal thing id say I will be one hairy guy when I get older sure feck it, it's only nature the hair's also around my man hood and the same size as the one's on my leg's nearly so I know what you mean.

Once your happy wouldn't worry about what woman think sure when really have we ever cared before ;)

Shaving IMO is no way to go though.

I knew a guy that shaved every where before believe me he regret's it now.

Dude, just shave it. Trust me. Girls go wild for my clean shaven legs, and personally I think having bare, smooth skin makes sex 10x times better.

Just put in the effort to do some personal grooming and get them looking and feeling great.

For all the girls saying shaven legs are too feminine, well I don't think there's anything feminine about the professional athletes that do it, and I'd love to see them turn away Frank Lampard or Freddie Ljungberg because they're too girly. But maybe I'm wrong, maybe those women want big, hairy, porterbellied, redfaced Irish men grunting ontop of them, whatever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Dude, just shave it. Trust me. Girls go wild for my clean shaven legs, and personally I think having bare, smooth skin makes sex 10x times better.

Just put in the effort to do some personal grooming and get them looking and feeling great.

For all the girls saying shaven legs are too feminine, well I don't think there's anything feminine about the professional athletes that do it, and I'd love to see them turn away Frank Lampard or Freddie Ljungberg because they're too girly. But maybe I'm wrong, maybe those women want big, hairy, porterbellied, redfaced Irish men grunting ontop of them, whatever!
    mmm yes.. you're an idiot. Society doesn't just up and change its attitude because you talk bollox you realise.

Indeed. Frank Lampard shave's his leg's really? I wonder would any woman turn away Ryan Giggs because he has a hairy chest.

Wouldn't shaving your crack leave it very itchy? :eek:

I mean if you shave your leg's you must also shave your ball bag? Would look weird no hair's on leg's then big hairy crack or ball bag ever come close to losing a ball or two? Arse ever itchy walking around?

Ah well if you shave your public hair at least crab's would never be an issue. :)

Body hair on men is extremely sexy and masculine! There's nothing hotter than a guy with hairy legs, chest and stomach. You can feel it tickle your skin during sex. Give me a hairy man over a smooth boy any day!

And I don't understand what's so disgusting about back hair either. It may not be the nicest thing to look at, but it's no worse than hair anywhere else.

We women don't know what we want half the time, so don't worry OP!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Shave, wax, pluck, tweeze or mow because YOU want to, not for anyone else.

Women have had to put up with this nonsense for years.

It's your body - if she doesn't like your hair, let her go elsewhere. Let's face it, she must be pretty shallow if a bit of hair freaks her out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

Wouldn't shaving your crack leave it very itchy? :eek:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/lax/35274458.html :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

mr benn wrote:
    surely laser surgery would require the selling of kidneys to pay for it !!??!!
    how much does it cost? i imagined it to be in the €1000's?
    It certainly does. I'm in the process of having all of the hair on my legs,bikini line and underarms removed via laser and its costing me € 3500.00. Expensive I know but it will be worth it.
    My boyfriend has a hairy chest and I love it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

kizzyr wrote:
    its costing me € 3500.00.

:eek:
    That's a flashy holiday somewhere.
    It's half way to saving for a deposit on a mortgage.
    It's a second hand car.
    It's your weekly food shopping for over 4 months.
    I'm gobsmacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

Hairy legs and chest - I don't feel strongly one way or the other. But a hairy back is a definite turn off. Waxing would be the way to go IMO, definitly not shaving, it would only grow back thicker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Beruthiel wrote:
    It's a second hand car.
    I'm gobsmacked.

Maybe she has a long term financial plan and has weighed up the one-time cost of permanent hair removal versus the lifetime costs of waxing and shaving products :p

:)
    I'm still gobsmacked stark!

But a hairy back is a definite turn off..

One does wonder how the human race survived this long with so many hairy blokes out there and the razor/wax not even invented yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Beruthiel wrote:
    :eek:
    It's a second hand car.
    I'm gobsmacked.
    I can well understand why you are gobsmacked. It wasn't something I decided to do lightly. I have been waxing for years and over the last 12 months developed badly ingrown hairs and they were getting infected and so marking my legs and would have potentially scarred them. I also have a fairly rapid hair regrowth and so was waxing every 4 weeks and spending a lot of money on that front too. This way with the laser its gone for good.
    I'm also fairly lucky financially so the money isn't going on this rather than something else. I have a house already and a car so I'm not saving for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭smk135

i cant beleive you are even thinking of shaving/wondering what you can do about your body hair!!!
    you're a man for christs sake!!!!! i think there is nothing as off putting as these pompous metro-sexual geeks going around shaving/waxing/wearing make up and essentially looking slightly/very gay! it is such a turn off!!!

it's such a manly trait you got there, and these days with the above mentionned homosexual wanabes, it's even more loveable because it's so rare!

get naked & proud of your hair OP!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭smk135

kizzyr wrote:
    I can well understand why you are gobsmacked. It wasn't something I decided to do lightly. I have been waxing for years and over the last 12 months developed badly ingrown hairs and they were getting infected and so marking my legs and would have potentially scarred them. I also have a fairly rapid hair regrowth and so was waxing every 4 weeks and spending a lot of money on that front too. This way with the laser its gone for good.
    I'm also fairly lucky financially so the money isn't going on this rather than something else. I have a house already and a car so I'm not saving for them.

hey i'm seriously looking into getting that done, could you give me any advice prices and all that? ive seen it being done for a lot less expensive...so is there a diffference?and ow many times exactly do u have to go or does that depend on the place? maybe PM me if you get a chance so we're not off subject in the thread..cheers!!:)

I never said i was thinking of shaving people are just going off topic,I asked what women think of body hair clearz didnt need to read that link slightly gross and stay on topic guys.

Apologies OP.
    Either way, have you still not go an idea?
    Like everything else in this life, some will like it, some won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I'm hairy as fuuk! Legs, arms, chest, belly, back, crack & sack ..... and i wouldnt be any other way. Luckily I have a woman that loves it ;)

Ive had a course of laser for my back cost about 2000 and was worth it, dont be fooled though it will not get rid of it all only about a 80% reduction if your lucky, Mine was really long and course and waxing destroyed my back with spots and ingrown hairs, I keep the unkilled hair under control now with a razor. Made a big difference to my confidence in the bedroom. I dont see the problem with being hairy from the waist down though. What about just keeping it trimmed, use an electric razor with a 2 blade or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

Death to the metrosexual, give me a retrosexualany day. A hairless man Uuurgh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭unityofsaints

Ehmm.. I've never seen so many misplaced apostrophes in my life whole life as I have in this one thread!

About the hair issue: If you're really uncomfortable with your hair laser it, don't bother shaving it's too much hassle.

Advertisement