Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wellies at Electric Picnic

• 03-09-2006 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭

I noticed pictures in the Sunday and Saturday newspapers of guys and girls wearing wellies at the weekend festival.
    I even noticed the female presenter alongside Tom Dunne on RTE 2 was wearing a navy pair..in the makeshift studio. How naff and cliched is that.

Although I wasn't there I did wear my own wellies on Saturday morning in town as it was piddling down. Did anybody else wear them on Saturday in the rain or at the weekend festival?

PS: You know I often ask myself when will those overpaid and egostistical beings at RTE conceive a 'new' idea for a show?

Watching the coverage of Electric Picnic was just like watching BBC's coverage of Glastonbury. RTE's plagiarised the Beeb's idea.

Look at the Sunday Game on RTE 1 and the various camera positions at Croke Park yesterday, the statistics on the game and the backing music. They plagiarised that from Sky Sports.

Whoever was 'directing' the TV coverage of the Hurling Final was woeful. Very few close-ups of the 'action' such as the famous 'clash of the ash'; no pictures of the two dugouts; and at the end of the game the director decided to treat us viewers to the fans in the ground celebrating or bemoaning the result. Instead I wanted to see the joy on the players faces, the sheer, unbridled joy on Brian Cody's and his backroom team's faces.
    I would have liked to have seen close ups of the defeated Cork players.

And then we had to listen to Marty Morrissey playing up to Brian Cody, the Kilkenny manager and to John Allen, the Cork manager. In the latter interview, he was so psychophantic. The question every hurling fan wanted asked of the Cork manager was simple: 'did you get your tactics wrong? Did Kilkenny surprise you with their style of play? Why didn't you change your tactics?'.

Simple but relevant. But no typical RTE sports reporting - like the arse off them. Don't offend or put them under pressure by asking them a tough question. Tell them they are great men, gentlemen, always good for a quick soundbite for Marty and the boys. Uugh..where's the sick back.

Pss. Did you listen to RTE's Con Murphy at the Germany Ireland soccer game in Stuggart on Saturday. Everybody wanted to know why Duff was substituted in the second half. The RTE panelists wanted to know. There was a suggestion they might have replaced the wrong player.
    And then we have to listen to Murphy asking inane questions, chuckling nervously in case Staunton told him to f...off.
    In the end, the producer from RTE obviously told Murhpy through his earpiece to earn his corn and ask the one bloody relelvant question. He did. Again with a nervous giggle.

Murphy does the same on radio when standing in for Ryan Tubridy. He has this nervous giggle. Totally unprofessional.

Where doe these guys come from and how in the name of God do they end up with such high profile jobs, when clearly they are not good enough to do them?

PSSS Don't get me started on that other load of ****e Up for the Match!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

....what the hell has this to do with Fashion/Appearance? I was following you up until the Wellies and then it descended into a rant against RTE...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

I'm a bit lost on this thread as well!!!! :confused:

Why wouldn't the presenters wear wellies?? Would do you expect them to wear in a muddy field in on/off rain?
    They're not in front of the cameras the whole time .. I spotted Tom Dunne out & about walking around the festival mingling with the crowd.

I for one was glad I wore my wellies at Electric Picnic. Its more for practicality than anything else.. I was especially glad for them anywhere near the loos!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

With regard to the wellies, I was at a big music festival a while back and I really wished I had bought a pair of wellies for the occassion.
    Wellies are not naff, they are essential, and if you can get a nice pair, even better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭pheby

I wore wellies at the festival, they are an esential piece of clothing to be brought!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,326 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I have banned katiemac from North West forum after checking the other threads she/he started. A smart arse in my opinion - 7 posts and all about wellies on different forums

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

katiemac wrote:
    I noticed pictures in the Sunday and Saturday newspapers of guys and girls wearing wellies at the weekend festival.
    I even noticed the female presenter alongside Tom Dunne on RTE 2 was wearing a navy pair..in the makeshift studio. How naff and cliched is that.

i dont get it.
    She was wearing wellies..because it was muddy...how is that cliched?
    katiemac wrote:
    Instead I wanted to see the joy on the players faces, the sheer, unbridled joy on Brian Cody's and his backroom team's faces.
    I would have liked to have seen close ups of the defeated Cork players.

i think you and me were watching a different match tbh. i saw plenty close ups of both Cork and Kilkenny players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭discosue

giggles wrote:
    I'm a bit lost on this thread as well!!!! :confused:

Why wouldn't the presenters wear wellies?? Would do you expect them to wear in a muddy field in on/off rain?
    They're not in front of the cameras the whole time .. I spotted Tom Dunne out & about walking around the festival mingling with the crowd.

I for one was glad I wore my wellies at Electric Picnic. Its more for practicality than anything else.. I was especially glad for them anywhere near the loos!

Defo, even at points of the wk.end where you could have got changed back into your other shoes it wasn't advisable for certain areas of the fest....sludgefest Sat nite at the loos

Advertisement