Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singles Groups in Donegal?

Options
  • 03-09-2006 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

I'm newly single. Again. Sigh. :(

Myself and two friends, equally dis-illusioned with the Pub-scene as a way to meet people, are wondering if there's any organised Single's Group type of thing out there?

Failing that, does anyone think that online dating works?

RD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The only thing I can think of at the moment is a club called singles mingle (or something like that). It is really aimed at the over 40's and they have a dance/band thingy every 3 or 4 weeks in different towns in the North West. Its a great success by all accounts.

If you are interested in this let me know and I will post up details of upcoming events together with contact details of the organisers.

Edit: Oops, just checked the website for the singlesmingles and its for the over 30's also. Link in next post

Found this from another post a couple of months back:

Any queries can be answered by calling Liam on 0872325161 or Brid on 0868897810 or by visiting http://www.singleminglenites.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭rikerdonegal

muffler wrote:
    Found this from another post a couple of months back

Cheers for this! I'll have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭rikerdonegal

Just wanted to update this thread for anyone who is reading it. I went along to that SinglesMingles thing and I must say it was very enjoyable. Like a very friendly wedding where the music was good and everyone was open and chatty. Didn't exactly meet my future bride or anything :D , but I did have a great night and it's certainly a strong alternative to a typical Saturday Night Out. Thanks, muffler.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

singles groups? ah pffffffffft... saw the thread title and thought it was to do with cheese slices... ah well i live in hope

irish1967 wrote:
    singles groups? ah pffffffffft... saw the thread title and thought it was to do with cheese slices... ah well i live in hope
    It probably confused you seeing as it was sandwiched between two other threads :D

Advertisement