Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaim alternative?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

You could always download the source code and hack your own theme in, which is the entire point of open source. There's Kopete, but it has a whack of KDE and QT dependencies, which mightn't be for you if you're a Gnome/Openbox/XFCE user.

Besides which, its been my experience from the Gentoo forums that people dont go crazy for silly themes on the likes of Gaim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Fenster wrote:
    You could always download the source code and hack your own theme in, which is the entire point of open source. There's Kopete, but it has a whack of KDE and QT dependencies, which mightn't be for you if you're a Gnome/Openbox/XFCE user.

Besides which, its been my experience from the Gentoo forums that people dont go crazy for silly themes on the likes of Gaim.

I'm not the kind of person who tweaks and skins everything like mad, I just hate the default gaim theme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

you could use Kopete which comes with KDE usually but would work with Gnome
    or AMSN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

Syth wrote:
    I'm not the kind of person who tweaks and skins everything like mad, I just hate the default gaim theme.
    It's a GTK+ app, wouldn't it be the GTK+ theme you'd wanna change?

What do you hate/what would you change? It shouldn't be too hard to change the icons.

FWIW, I think GAIM 2.0 has a much better looking UI. The Buddy List window is much tidier.

If you really hate GAIM, you could try psi, which is a Jabber client only, but it can connect to MSN and some other protocols via "transports".

It's Qt too though, and who knows what dependencies it has..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

I use amsn on windows, but it is primarily for Linux

http://amsn.sourceforge.net/

• Advertisement
Advertisement