Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What car do you recommend

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Tell your dad he'll be wasting his money buying the r32 style alloys.
    what do you mean my dad.i will be getting the car and alloys not him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

IrishRover wrote:
    No, get a mid 90's Ferrari 355. They're becoming surprisingly affordable these days! :)
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FERRARI-355-GTB-ROSSO-CORSA-BLACK-LEATHER_W0QQitemZ300024095082QQihZ020QQcategoryZ18180QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    Don't supposethe budget would stretch to a 599? :D
    i would love this but very expensive.

i just test drove the new golf gt today with 170bhp.i think its a lovely car so might get that in jan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

JHMEG wrote:
    Or what about an early nineties DA6 Integra twincam vtec? They move like bejaysus, are cheap to buy and cheap to fix in the rare event that something does go wrong. And definitely don't suffer from any "form over function" malarkey...

There's even one for sale on adverts.ie... ;-)
    I'd drive an early 90's B16 Integra over a new Golf any day.
    I genuinely don't understand the appeal of spending 10x the money on something like the Golf GT. I suspect a big part of it is numberplateism.

I read the ad btw Jhmeg, it sounds like you've looked after it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

drdre wrote:
    i would love this but very expensive.

i just test drove the new golf gt today with 170bhp.i think its a lovely car so might get that in jan

I always thought Red D & I Golfs were a cushy car that tries to be a semi-racing. What was it some one said during a review "An Armchair with a Turbo" I would be inclined to agee.

Oh and if you touch a Ford... I will dis-own you Dre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Celica T-Sport

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

IrishRover wrote:
    I'd drive an early 90's B16 Integra over a new Golf any day.
    Me too! ;)
    IrishRover wrote:
    I genuinely don't understand the appeal of spending 10x the money on something like the Golf GT. I suspect a big part of it is numberplateism.
    Fortunately it happens. Then we buy them second had for a fraction of the price. I'm glad other people are taking the hit for me! ;)
    IrishRover wrote:
    I read the ad btw Jhmeg, it sounds like you've looked after it.
    Yeah, the first time I drove it I realized it was a bit special, so it's got as much attention as I could give it. Best handling car I've ever owned, very predictable on the limit. Communicates clearly through the steering and tyres. And the howl from the (stock) induction system at 5,000+ RPM! (the exhaust (stock) is virtually silent)
    But I just don't have the time to devote to it any more... :(

Advertisement