Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL BB availablity

• 03-09-2006 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭

Currently using 3mbs/384 Eircon DSL and paying quite an exorbitant price for it. Was wondering if NTL cover the drumcondra area?. I gave up emailing them about a year ago since I just got the standard reply about upgrading network etc.
    How is the 6mb package?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Currently using 3mbs/384 Eircon DSL and paying quite an exorbitant price for it. Was wondering if NTL cover the drumcondra area?. I gave up emailing them about a year ago since I just got the standard reply about upgrading network etc.
    How is the 6mb package?

Did you try phoning them and asking them about availablity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Dougals Daddy

How is the 6mb package?

Don't bother
    The NTL Network is still very patchy and the new owners are not making connecting new areas priority at the moment. The seem to be busy trimming down the staff levels and sorting out Chorus.
    I simply cant understand it, Cable Broadband is clearly the best Internet product , I beleive if it was developed and marketed properly it could be the market leader.
    Try BT they offer the Eircom product only much cheaper
    I was spending 54 Euro on Eircom 3mb
    and another 50 a month on calls and line rental.
    BT do the whole lot for 63 a month and that includes all calls to Irish and UK landlines.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

You might be able to get Smart if you are on the whitehall exchange and they do 3Mb plus line rental plus phone calls for €46 per month.

http://www.smarttelecom.ie/broadbandplusfeatures.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Hannibal_12

Cheers for the advice

Advertisement