Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training Thursday 7th - same time, same place

Options
  • 03-09-2006 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Well, I wasn't there last week, apologies again for that.

So, we'll stick to the Thursday night routine, if you are going to come, let us know here, if not leave your poor excuses here too, although, frankly, no excuse is good enough at this stage. It's getting to crunch time for a starting XI to be decided upon.

I've got some good reports of the n00bz who turned up last week, so I'd like to see them especially, the lads who normally come just keep up the good work.

See y'all Thursday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Wont be there, mick and andy should be.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

i agree its starting to get towards the point where we should have an idea of a first XI, i reckon we need to start aiming training sessions more towards finding out what position is best for each player, plus who's best for taking free kicks and such

and some proper keeper training, for organising defending free kicks and the like

wasnt there a possibility for a friendly next thursday anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

el rabitos wrote:
    wasnt there a possibility for a friendly next thursday anyway?
    Changed.

Most of the team we meant to be playing heading to Denmark with me :o

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'm available Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'll be there and my friend will finally be able to make it too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

el rabitos wrote:
    and some proper keeper training, for organising defending free kicks and the like

I don't really think we really have time for that kind of thing unfortunately man, with the lack of light and stuff, all we can really do is get the ball down and play it about a bit.

I'll be there Thursday anyway lads. Can we try to get started a bit quicker than last week? It must have been after half seven when we got going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

I'll be there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

I'll be there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Couldnt make it last week.

I'll be there for thursday though..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

i'll be there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Can't make it this week lads, have something I can't get out of, well not at the moment anyway if it changes I'll let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

will be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Spaco

Stick me down too. Usual spot at the monument or at the pitch we played on last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'll be there but in a viewing capacity. I've a torn groin muscle so not sure how long I'll be out of action. Still be at every session though.

Too much furious **** on your holidays was it Neil? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Draupnir wrote:
    Too much furious **** on your holidays was it Neil? ;)

Ha ha I knew i'd get found out immediately. Nah it's an injury that I got in a game back in May and I've finally been told what's wrong. Leaves me in serious pain for days every time I play so apparently it needs rest. Hopin to be right for at least the first league game.

Groin strains are notoriously slow healers, you should rest it for as much as possible, keep plenty of air on the area if you know what I mean and get something cold on it too if you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

is there anywhere near the pitches that i can park a motorbike within viewing/sprinting distance?

Just leave it behind the goal with the bags, nobody around at that time of the night really, it will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Draupnir wrote:
    Just leave it behind the goal with the bags, nobody around at that time of the night really, it will be grand.

Directly behind the goals is the best bet, at least it won't be hit by a ball then... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

unless im about :p something to aim for is always nice

Btw someone tried to get into Andys van last week with a screwdriver, reckon it was the scumbag who walked past when we were moving to GAA pitch.

So anyone with a not so newish car if heading to the GAA pitch park beside it , not sure if Des wants to meet there full stop but there was some parking close to it.

Most coming from work so odds of a laptop or other in the cars in the park at the time is high so scummer will try their luck.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

yeah theres a good safa car park right beside the pitch, best to meet there i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Wheres the GAA pitch in relation to where we played the first week (the monument)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I need to know too.

• Advertisement

I'll be at the monument until 7, anyone can meet me there and we will walk over

Advertisement