Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training Thursday 7th - same time, same place

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Saweet!

You heading from Conolly again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

If coming into Pheno from Parkgate continue forwards about 200 yards a Private Army pitch on left and right behind it is GAA pitch.

Theres a building its to the left of it a club house of sorts.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Yeah Des, Ill be at Connolly at 6:15, you wanna meet there then and take that mobile sardine tin up?

Why don't we just get on the 90 bus? Much more comfortabler, and probably more quicker too.

Yeah, I'll be in on the DART around that time.

See you there.

gaaptich.JPG

Black X pitch White parking

kdjac

• Advertisement

Your leet paint skillz astound me.

No worries 6:15 and the 90 bus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Draupnir wrote:
    No worries 6:15 and the 90 bus

6:15 at connolly right?

Yeah thats the one Eoin, see you there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Where do u get the 90 bus, and where do u get off? This is just in case im cleared by the physio to play (back problems), coz Ive no clue where to go!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Hoodle

Apologies lads - won't be there tomorrow. Have had to pop back to the UK. Will be there next week.

Gets dark at 8:26 so try be on time for Dessie.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Will we have jerseys to wear for this session? Its hard to tell who is with who
    during the games.

Will we have jerseys to wear for this session? Its hard to tell who is with who
    during the games.

Nope Wear a red t shirt or other colour joesoap suggested.

jerseis be ready mondayish, i not back till wednesday so we dont see them till next thursday

kdjac

Grand Ill bring a Red and Blue t-shirt if I can find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

My friend couldn't find any bibs in his shed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

just cut 3 holes in a few tesco bags, sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Bring a red t-shirt and a blue t-shirt if you can at all... will make things so much easier!

Or black and white, In tesco for €3 each:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

is navy a blue? cos its not red i know that much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'll be there tonight and should have a mate with me, he's handy enough.

Lads, sounds like a big crowds gonna be there tonight - can we try get an 11-a-side pitch cos I really think we need to train on a proper pitch and give keeper and strikers practice on proper goals. Much easier for people to get used to their positions that way too. Even if we don't have a full 11 on 11 we should play into one goal and change at half time.

Can someone PM me their number so I can ring if I can't find yis cos its not that clear where to go

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'll be there tonight and should have a mate with me, he's handy enough.

Lads, sounds like a big crowds gonna be there tonight - can we try get an 11-a-side pitch cos I really think we need to train on a proper pitch and give keeper and strikers practice on proper goals. Much easier for people to get used to their positions that way too. Even if we don't have a full 11 on 11 we should play into one goal and change at half time.

Can someone PM me their number so I can ring if I can't find yis cos its not that clear where to go

My number is 083 335 3035, gimme a shout if you need a hand finding the pitch, the GAA pitch we used last week will do for size, we had 9 aside on half of it last week.

theres actually a smaller gaa pitch right beside the pitch we were on last week, easily small enough for an 11 a side

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

gaa pitches are way longer though,if we get near the 20+ i reckon we try find a pitch with proper soccer dimensions

There was a small gaa pitch alright beside us. Could always check that out. Or just
    bring a few sticks and tell the army smucks to get off their pitch so we can play
    on it.

the only proper pitches are up near the popes cross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

GAA pitch last week was grand. We can play full length sure, the bit of extra running will do us good :)

I think we should just meet at the pitches near the popes cross from now on. They are proper soccer pitches, loads of them, with proper sized nets and everything. We played there before with 20 of us and it was perfect. Our parked cars and everything will be in perfect view aswell. It's only a few minutes walk from where we were last week and it's much better.

This (click) is where I'm talking about. You can zoom out or whatever to see where it is, zoom in and you can see the goal posts and pitch sizes and everything.

• Advertisement

Thats the famous 15 acres, played there hundreds of times and its always covered in Deer shìt.

Anyway, we are meeting at the usual spot tonight and we decide from there?

If we have cars we can just drive up to the 15 acres pitches.

Advertisement