Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training Thursday 7th - same time, same place

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

That linky doesnt work too well.

Anyone now if there is offside in the astro league? It would be nice to know this
    so we could practice it in training games.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

session must have timed out on that link.

Anyway, here's a screenshot of where the football pitches are: Red= pitches, Blue = parking

untitledka8.jpg

Suppose it'd be best to meet at the usual spot and then go there unless everyones ok with just meeting there at 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

There's no offside: http://astro.ie/Rules.asp?CompetitionAssociationID=1

As the name of the league implies all matches are on astro so I wouldn't worry about training on a gaa pitch vs training on a real soccer pitch as they are both wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Might be a bit late to decide to meet at those pitches Cormie, some people mightnt get to a computer between now and then. Meeting at the monument is probably best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'm with Cormie's suggestion that we play on the soccer pitches, cos that's what we're playing, and they're the closest to the astro dimensions.

As I've said before you should do one thing or the other: play tiny goals and 3 touch; or play with at least one proper size goal and a pitch where everyone knows where the sidelines are.

If I'm up front I want to see the target clearly, if I'm on the wing I wanna see the line I have to work off. We're only a couple of weeks from the first game and there's people there who haven't played on a proper pitch for a long time so the more practise they get on it the better for all.

Where's the gaffer at and can he make the call on where to train?

• Advertisement

Well I suppose it might be a bit late alright, but we could hoosh everyone up there when we meet an we could have that as the new spot to meet from next week on.

LoBo wrote:
    There's no offside: http://astro.ie/Rules.asp?CompetitionAssociationID=1

As the name of the league implies all matches are on astro so I wouldn't worry about training on a gaa pitch vs training on a real soccer pitch as they are both wrong.

Right so, I was just unsure as to what league we were in. Different league different
    rules. Still , no offside is something huge to get used to. Its advantages and
    disadvantages are something Ive never had to think about before.

5 in defense and 5 up front and we play Gary Owen kicks up to the front 5 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

We'll meet at the usual spot in case people don't see this, then we'll play on the soccer pitches.

If we get enough it'll be 11 -v- 11 with constant changes to line ups to see if we can get a decent first eleven together.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

cormie wrote:
    Well I suppose it might be a bit late alright, but we could hoosh everyone up there when we meet an we could have that as the new spot to meet from next week on.

Sounds like a plan alright. :)

good stuff, sounds good, surprising to get a nice evening for it in september, but it was getting darkish from 8 last night so we'll need to get a move on - ferrying everyone up in the cars will save a lot of time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

indeed, tonight we need to get started asap

Possibly only two or three more weeks of training on a Thursday Right? So maybe
    we should arrange for a kick about on Sunday.

Good session this evening. I enjoyed it. Getting used to playing up front is taking
    time and my sore left knee didnt bother me too much this evening :D w00t!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Looks as though I may have to retire until after my op after last nights injury, cant walk today at all, will have to wait and see how it feels when I get back in a couple of weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

That's bad luck Keith.
    Not a bad kick around last night ,good turn out again. Some good new players too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Spaco

Sorry I couldn't make it last night. Got caught in a meeting in work and didn't get out till after 7. Stupid job.......
    I'll be about sunday if anyones up for a training session though

I'm up for training on Sunday. I need to get used to playing 11 a side full pitch. There were a few times last night I was out of position. I'm not really used to playing MF or defence, more of a right/left winger. I can only improve though. I have to get used to the lingo too!

That's bad news keith, best of luck with it!

that's harsh keith, hope you get it sorted quick smart.

I'd be on for training late Sunday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Operation should be in around 6 weeks, will know for sure on Wednesday, will keep ye posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

aw lads i feel great after that. I know i was the most unfit person out there but once i get the fitness up i think i might be useful!

Any team i've played on has always had to work hard :D

sorry to hear about the knee keith, i thought you had a great game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Q_Ball wrote:
    I know i was the most unfit person out there

debatable, I almost needed an ambulance at the end of that :D

• Advertisement

I was up for playing longer but I felt **** in the first 30 mins or so, tummy was full of wind and felt like I had to do a big belch!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

cormie wrote:
    I was up for playing longer
    Unfortunately we couldn't because of the light. Too dangerous playing in bad light.

Q_Ball wrote:
    sorry to hear about the knee keith, i thought you had a great game

Yeah I thought you played well too. Didnt know about your knee. Im only coming
    back off a knee injury myself and I know how scary the first few weeks are. Just
    take it day by day and dont look too much into the future. Ice is your new best
    friend. Lucky enough mine ended up partially healing itself, good luck mate!

Sean , what do you think about a kick about on Sunday. You be up for that just
    yet?

I remembr from a week or two ago the general concensis was to have a Sunday
    kick about in the late afternoon right?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Sorry to lose ya Keith. You would have been super to have as the DMF. Best not to rush things back but hopefully see you at one or two of the games, even if it is as a spectator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Quball15

Gotta say sorry to red team, felt unwell last night, had no energy in the legs from kick off so was a liability for the game. Very pissed off about it but anyway. Pity about the knee Keith!
    Enda

Advertisement