Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcohol

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Linkdude

Ach, can't people do something a bit more...interesting on the night they get their results?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Ended up not drinking at all.. gone off the stuff totally now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I didn't drink when i did it. (back in 01')
    But i did see loads of lads earlier on walking down the street drinking cans at about 3. It is coolock, but its sad really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭phenomenon

Once again the day after the JC results are released our papers are full of pictures of drunken teenagers and talk of how 'disgraceful' we all are. It just looks like an average saturday night to me. These journalists are just too lazy to cover a real story so they go for the now annual teen-bashing story. I wouldn't be surprised if they used the same pictures every year....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Oh lord, it's the same every year, but are there any stories abou tthe girls that get 10 As and have a quiet night in? NO THERE ARE NOT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Anyone see the photo on the Irish Times front page. It was of bout 7 girls in miniskirts. Just their legs though. Our teacher went around handing out the paper to the people who get it in our school. Funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Miller is the only beer that DOESNT taste like piss! had a couple of beers before I went. My mate said she was getting drink but it turned out she didnt. It was great fun getting ready for the night but Bondi was ****. What a crap junior night. And I feckin hate popcorn now! :( (YES im grumpy because i had a full day of school today!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

This thread delivers. . . a lot of laughs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

Two people got thrown into dumpsters. A garda got hit on the head with a spud. Two people got carried away in paddywagons.

It was enjoyable to watch. :cool:

I wasn't drinking either and don't think I will drink for quite a while.

I heard of bad things happening at scream, a guy got stabbed...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

Piste wrote:
    I heard of bad things happening at scream, a guy got stabbed...

What could you expect at a disco named scream.

S9360.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I heard it was the biggest scanger fest ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Jello wrote:
    I heard it was the biggest scanger fest ever.
    I heard that people were "roydin'" in the middle of the floor at Scream. Dirty stuff.

hahaha. "I heard.." , "I heard.." , "I heard.." :D

I expect NO ONE from boards would ever dream of going to a 'skobe' filled place like scream. :rolleyes: All my mates went and had a great time. Wish i could have gone :(

#Elites wrote:
    8 cans of Bud, 7 of Bulmers and shots... my head hurts.. walked home at 8am.. went to school at 12.. slept in every class:D

great night!

and your parents didnt give a sh1te about that? :eek:

I expect NO ONE from boards would ever dream of going to a 'skobe' filled place like scream. :rolleyes: All my mates went and had a great time. Wish i could have gone :(

Well when I say "I heard" I actually mean "I read in the paper"

Scream does look ****e, according to The Irish Times loads of people were put in a holding area and their parents called, and several people were taken to Garda Stations. And there were a load of drunken fights on the streets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭phenomenon

No offence people but you should REALLY get out more! :o

All this stuff about fights, riding etc happens every weekend. What makes it so special if it happens on JC results night?? Come on out with me tonight and we'll have the craic for shizzle my nizzle ;)

phenomenon wrote:

All this stuff about fights, riding etc happens every weekend. What makes it so special if it happens on JC results night?? Come on out with me tonight and we'll have the craic for shizzle my nizzle ;)

yer bang on there!

phenomenon wrote:

Because it's stupid little kids, that's why. Bondi and Traffic (as two examples) are usually regular clubs for over 18s each weekend, while riding and drunken fighting isn't acceptable, at least drinking is legal, and the sex is -somewhat- legal.

When a random selection of teenagers are shown in the media acting like tools on JC night it reflects onto all of us, so of course we care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

HEY!! i went and had a great (sober) time.there were a load of people haveing sex,fights and a few people compleatly off their face but i there was a great atmosphere.all the girls i went to really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭leprehaungirl

I went to scream.Had an absoulutly ledgend time,:) best night ever! remember every second of it, scooter was fanatastic!.I don't care what people say about fights and all,there was a small bit of it but you can only expect that amongest 5000 people in fairness!:rolleyes: :) the atomosphere was jus amazing when i first walked in and heard tiesto's adiago for strings i got a shiver down my back!!:o :p *awww memories!!*:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭snapjiggyfluff

I remember my results night two years ago, great night, drinking in a field and then off to a local disco, great!!! I can still remember how sad we were though, thinking, at the age of 16, that after a few knacker drinking sessions we knew all there was to know about drinking, funny to look back on it!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Piste wrote:
    Oh lord, it's the same every year, but are there any stories abou tthe girls that get 10 As and have a quiet night in? NO THERE ARE NOT.

I know so many people like that in my year. It's hard to decide which is the worst option, going home and doing nothing, be all sad and alone, or get arrested for being drunk or getting into other forms of trouble. You have to admitt that celebrating by becoming incapacitated with alcohol and more than likely making a fool out of yourself, followed by a savage hang-over is a bit sad.

We had a big alcohol talk in Vincent's hospital the following Monday. It was a bit too late really......

I can honestly say I'd find the being arrested far worse than sitting at home doing nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Anyway, since when is sitting at home doing nothing? ;p Internet plz.

Advertisement