Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Missed chance

• 04-09-2006 12:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I was out last night in a night club and I saw this girl giving me the eye and I have to say I found her very attractive. She came on to the dance floor when I was on while I was on and I saw her a few times looking over in my direction.

But I didnt act mainly becasue I dont know how to over an approach a stranger(I know I know nitesclubs are the worst place to meet someone) but what im asking is how do I so I will know for future reference?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

You could have gone over but there's also the chance she was looking at you cos you were looking at her and she was playing up to the attention. Everybody likes attention. Personally I don't know how anyone can go up to anyone in a nightclub (esp people you don't know) and not risk looking cheesy. If you knew her from somewhere else that might help.
    Don't mean that to sound harsh :) ... you could of course just approach a girl and ask if she knows someone you know... I'm a girl so I don't really know what lines work for ye fellas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Strokesfan wrote:
    I'm a girl so I don't really know what lines work for ye fellas.

Really? You could give the poor guy a few hints!

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

No big cheesy grins or anything. :) Just be yourself, go over, introduce yourself and see how it goes from there. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Kerrylad wrote:
    I was out last night in a night club and I saw this girl giving me the eye and I have to say I found her very attractive. She came on to the dance floor when I was on while I was on and I saw her a few times looking over in my direction.

She could have thought you were a minger and yes she could have thought you were ok looking. At the end of the day, you did nothing.

There is no rocket science to talking to people. You wander up, open your mouth and words generally follow. Thats it. It should really be a PI's sticky.

As for pubs and clubs being the worst place to meet someone, rubbish. Places and people are what you make of them.

K-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭tonyinuae

I think that while the exchange of glances is taking place, a good way to break the ice is just to smile as though you can't help smiling, sort of 'isn't this gas the way we're looking at each other!' sort of thing. Then it becomes very easy to talk because you've already made contact. This is of course if the smile is returned. It's simple, but non-threatening, natural and friendly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

you could have gone over and said her shoes looked great. Girls put a lot of thought into their shoes. Complimenting her on them would take her by surprise and it would not be something that she is likely to have heard before.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Smile. If she smiles back, then you have your invitation to introduce yourself. No lines. Be yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Hi my name is .... As long as you are actually capable of speech you'll be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

fluffer wrote:
    Hi my name is .... As long as you are actually capable of speech you'll be grand.

Hi my names towel, I have peter for you!

In other words dont mess and spill your first line, leaves you looking not confident!

Advertisement