Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Training/Game?

Options
  • 04-09-2006 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know about the rest of you but I'd definitely like to play more than once a week. Would anyone else be up for a weekly Sunday game in the Phoenix? Also, is training going to stick to Thursday nights once the season kicks off since the matches will be midweek?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

i'd be up for it, i'd rather have training a couple of times a week up until the matches start

i was going to ask if anyone would be up for a bit of training/kick about on tuesday, but i dont know how easy it is for people to get to the park

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I can make pretty much any time durnig the week, so I'll be up for it if you guys want to have a game at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

My thinking on it is that we'll probably be playing on Thursday nights, and training on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon in the Phoenix Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Sunday afternoons/evenings should be alright for me.

Yeah, I think afternoons is the best option, especially as it will be getting dark at about five pretty soon.

I don't think it's fair to expect players who have paid to play to then fork out for training on Astro on a weeknight, seeing as one other weeknight would be given up for the matches.

It's supposed to be a fun get together, not some semi-pro set up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

yeah I thought we'd probably get the actual games on a Thursday, I'd still be up for training/kick about twice a week though. Des do you know if the mid week match is a fixed day per team? If we pick Thursday, will all our games be on Thursday or will it change between Tue Wed and Thurs? If it was on Thurs we could Train Sat or Sun and Tue and then Play on Thurs. We could have a main training day, say Sat/Sun and then an extra training on Tues for anyone who just wants a kick-about. It doesn't even have to be team related, just anyone up for a kick about. Will be good for those who can make it and those who can't don't need to worry really. I'm sure most teams only train once a week, if even. I'd just like to play a bit more.

cormie, I think it's once we pick a day, and get it, we'd always play that day.

I'd be up for training at the weekend, and then a match during the week, but because of other commitments I can't say I'd be there a second week night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

I'd deffo be up for a kick about on tues, would be intresting to see if we can get even 10 people to make it

Anything that gets us playing together more to know each others habits such as runs,long balls,beating men etc can only be good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

It would be nice to get some footy going on Tuesday. Doesnt have to be an
    official training day like Sunday would be. Just a kick about like what Dollo said.
    It would really help us get to know one and other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Spaco

Sundays would be good for me. Not free on Tuesdays though. Would be good having the extra training days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement