Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Negotiating the Purchase Of a New Car

• 04-09-2006 7:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I was in with Windsor Motors & was looking at a New Car Van. There's a deal on it at the moment, so it's down by about a grand. I've a car to trade in which is worth around 3K. I'll get the VRT back which will mean I should get it for about 12K. Is there any room for negotiation here? Any advice on the way to proceed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Sell the car privately. The trade-in's just your cash discount anyway. You should also look at the price of teh van in the UK, as VRT is only 50 quid, so far as I know. Even if you choose not to buy it there, it's a handy bargaining tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BobbyFowler

"VRT is only 50 quid"

Didn't know anything about that! Any idea where I can check that up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

You probably mean the VAT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

I see the exact same thread is posted over at aam also!

Advertisement