Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Windscreen cleaner

• 04-09-2006 7:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Im looking for something to clean the inside of my windscreen. Something that wont leave it all streaky. Any ideas on what to use?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Bog standard household window cleaner's good. It's what you take it off with that matters.
    Clean the inside first with soapy water, wipe dry with a lint-free cloth, or newspaper. Then, if it's not clean enough for you, use the window cleaner and buff it dry with newspaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Ill give that a go this evening. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

Ditto on the newspaper.

White vinegar and water is good for cleaning the glass too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Another vote for newspaper - I use Simoniz car window cleaner in preference to vinegar though. Its no more effective but it sprays on and doesn't leave the car smelling like a chipper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

There's a green mr musle in a squirty bottle for glass that I use. You spray it on and wipe off with a soft dry cloth and it dries with a streak free finish (I don't work for Mr Musle BTW:D )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Did you ever clean the glass after months and think "christ, I'm breathing that in!"?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

You a smoker, Mike?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nope! I'm talking about the grime in the air.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

The best product to use on car glass is a glass polish. It is actually difficult to get a smeer when using it.

It goes on like a wax and comes off when dry. The trick is not to use too much as you will end up with a chalk residue going everywhere when your removing it. What I do say as a guidepoint is.... If you can imagine that only the thin layer polish thats touching the glass is actually working it doesnt matter how much you pile on top of it its only waste.

I find with normal spray window cleaner that regardless of the quality of the product or impliment used be it newspaper or anything else its very hard to remove grime especially ciggarette tar without pushing it around the window first creating clouds or streaks.

Best glass polish thats available in the shops would probably be Autoglym in my opinion.

Advertisement