Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a good bike/good deal?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Looks like a nice frame with older but functional parts. €200 seems reasonable, if it fits you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

What would be the big difference though between say a 2004 bike and a 2006 one?

Im just getting into cycling and im 6'2. What size frame would I need, would this be the correct size?

There wouldn't be much difference at all between a 2004 and 2006 bike - the latter may have a newer 10-speed drivetrain. That bike is a good few years older though.

According to the ad above
    The frame is 540-550mm (the best for person around 176-180cm)
    so it would probably be too small for you.

I'd imagine you need a 58cm frame but it depends on the particular bike.

What kind of bike do you think I should be looking for as a beginner?

It depends on your budget. If you want to spend about EUR200 I'd recommend finding something second hand. You should also drop into a few bike shops and see what's available.

What kind of riding are you planning on doing?

• Advertisement

Well, I want to to get into long distance I think.

I also like mountain biking but I have one of those already.

Advertisement