Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats KILNAMANAGH like?

Options
  • 04-09-2006 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

Moving to KILNAMANAGH D24 (near the kingswood luas stop) for a few weeks can anyone tell me what the area is like as i dont really know that part of Dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

I live up the road its a grand area, with a late night dunnes stores for late night snacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Grand spot and will have everything you need, i think the bad name of 10 years ago has passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

thats where im from. lived there all me life. its grand. square is within walkin distance. cuckoos nest pub is cool too, and theres a bus stop and taxi rank beside it. then theres the 24hr dunnes. nice place. not much scum around either, specially down the bottom, its practically non-existant.

ill prob jinx it now tho! haha. ill go home and me gaf will be burned down or sumtin. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

before the accession countries came in it was the largest private housing estate in europe, so theres not so much of the scum there. its not exactly level though so i hope your fit (walk from the clocktower to the luas stop and you'll see what i mean :D )
    its not that close to the square but thanks to the luas its only about 10mins away and most of that is just the fact the luas stops at every stop on the route. if you dont fancy that the bus is the 56a, which unfortunetly does a world tour of dublin before it gets into town. my aunt used to live there before they decided to move and write off the mortgage so while its all right to rent its a pricey place to buy in. all in all its not a bad part of tallaght (unless of course your in the clondalkin part :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

kilnamanagh is a nice area. have friends living there are they love it. no hassle and central.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Great wasnt sure about the area, never even heard about it till a week ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Nice area

• Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

forget the luas, or 56a, think a previous poster was thinking of kingswood, the 50 bus goes straight up main road in kilnamanagh & is probably the quickest route t0-from town to the square & beyond. Kilnamanagh is a nice enough area, alot better than certain parts of tallaght!!! (i'm from tallaght so can make that statement)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

The Luas line runs between Kilnamanagh and Kingswood and the 56a Bus stop is quite close to the Kingswood Luas stop.

I lived there for over 20 years. Great place and right now it has no social problems. There is a community centre near the Greenhills road end and that's right beside the Cuckoos Nest (which I despise). There are 3 - 4 sections of Kilnamanagh. The bigger houses are close to the Greenhills road, and Mayberry road. Parkhill (where I lived) are the 2nd smallest houses in the area. There are also some bungalows close to the Belgard road side and there were some council houses bulilt directly opposite the Belgard road about 15-18 years ago. Most of the residents bought these houses off the council.

All in all if you wanted to rank the areas in Tallaght, Kilnamanagh would be in the top 3. But you pay for it. Some houses go for 400-450K. I remember seeing a detached house with garage extension going for something like 650k yikes

Advertisement