Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to fix window "wind-up thingy"??!

• 04-09-2006 9:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭

No doupt there is a proper name for the thing you wind up and down the window with but I don't know it.

Anyway, it's been stiff for a while and today something made a dull snap and now it doesn't work anymore. :(

Window stuck half open so any tips on fixing it? Is it huge hassle to dismantle the door or should I just head to a garage?

It's a '96 Maxda 626 BTW,.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Sounds like the cable in the mechanism has snapped. Most likely you will need a new window regulator. You could maybe try a scrapyard first as I imagine it will cost a small fortune from a Mazda dealer. I've never dismantled a 626 door so I don't know how difficult it is but I reckon it should be relatively easy.

In the meantime, remove the interior door trim. Get the window up and use a piece of timber or similar to jam the window up until you sort it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

Thanks a mill! :)

Will get hubby onto it ASAP!

Advertisement