Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lock/barrel assembly for an aluminium back door

Options
  • 04-09-2006 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a lock barrel assembly for an aluminium back door. Do woodies / B&Q stock them?

Haven’t had a chance to look at it, just got a call from my mam to say she couldn’t lock the door, so will have to go over there after work..

I think there might be wear on the keys/barrel, as it’s been a bit finicky over the last few months..

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

this can be a bit tricky as there are lots of different types around, as long as the key still turns a bit in the lock u will be able to take out the piece, the key needs to turn about 15/20 degrees and there is a screw in the frame that comes out and then the barrel slides out.

It may be best to bring it with you as for example there are different lengths

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

you should be able to get it in any locksmiths or even hardware store.
    I made several attempts at getting the shorter barrel (for security reasons) but couldnt find it anywhere.
    Any length will fit your door, its just a matter of how much sticks out at each side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

GreeBo wrote:
    you should be able to get it in any locksmiths or even hardware store.
    I made several attempts at getting the shorter barrel (for security reasons) but couldnt find it anywhere.
    Any length will fit your door, its just a matter of how much sticks out at each side.

The shorter ones might not allow the key to go into the deeper doors. Probably best to measure the length of the lock and the location of the screwhole measured from one end.

Advertisement