Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA SA sound problem

• 04-09-2006 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

When I originally played GTA San Andreas, I played it on my old Athlon XP machine and it worked fine. I reinstalled it the other day on my current Athlon 64 machine and am having a problem with audio in the game.

Sound works fine until you save the game. When you return to the game you get this deafening noise which sounds like bicycles in the game, only way too loud. It lasts for about a minute after saving the game and is really getting on my tits.

System as follows:
    Athlon 64 3200
    2gb ram
    nvigia 6800GT pci-e
    Audigy 2 ZS soundcard
    2.1 speakers, set up as such in windows

No other games show any problems with sound. I have installed the 1.01 patch for san andreas but it made no difference.

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I had this before too its something to do with hardware sound accelleration in the direct x config. Tweak around with it a bit and then make sure it suits your system. Although GTA:SA does have EAX support so Creative cards should work well. Good luck and report what setting you used to fix it :)

dxdiag in the start menu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Yeah i had this problem too. After saving u'd get a sound skipping and repeating of what ever was close too u. Like if u parked yur bike outside u'd get that sound. It would also happen when i looked at the map. Was really annoying but was playing today and it just seemed to go for some reason.

edit: i've just noticed that i have the same soundcard as u to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I get it when looking at the map too. Very annoying. I turned down acceleration in dxdiag which reduces this a bit but it still happens a lot :(

Dear Creative, WTF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

When u get the sound after looking at the map i found that if u switch cars the sound went away most of time. After saving yur game i found that sound was just in one area, like grove street. I'd drive to the end of the road near the train tracks and then come back and the sound was gone. So those were just a few of ways i would try to get around the problem. That or just have the game muted for a little while until the distortion stopped.

Also one more thing i remember, the sound problems seemed to be getting progressively worse. At the start it was just after saving i'd get the sound. The after looking at maps, and then just randomly until all of that just when away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

I found that this sorted it.
    Go to sound and audio devices in control panel, then hit advanced followed by clicking on the performance tab. Then change the hardware acceleration slider down on notch so its on standard.

Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I can't believe I didn't try this earlier... I downloaded the latest Audigy 2 zs drivers from Creative (dated January 2006) and installed 'em. They appear to have fixed the sound problem, with the hardware acceleration slider set to max :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

fair play, I had the problem with a Santa Cruz Turtle Beach card before on an old PC

Advertisement