Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden pond needs cleaning

Options
  • 04-09-2006 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just seeking some advise on a solution for cleaning out a pond at my home. The pond is oval shaped and about 1.5ft deep in the centre, there are 3 points in the pond where it is shallow. The pond hasnt been cleaned in a few years and attempts with buckets to remove the water have failed :o.

There must be 0.5ft of slith and muck in the middle of it and what I need is a pump to remove, the water and the mucky slith that is at the bottom of the pond.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it, once its not too costly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

lidl are doing a water pump and it can pump dirty water http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20060907.p.SubmersibleWaterPump
    is that what you are looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Dermot2468 wrote:
    lidl are doing a water pump and it can pump dirty water http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20060907.p.SubmersibleWaterPump
    is that what you are looking for

That looks about right, but I doubt it would be up to the job as the end of the pond is like slurry (shoite):o.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

Could you use that pump to pump out the water and the put on the wellies and bucket it out, also aldi had one and i think it was stronger maybe that would be up to the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Dermot2468 wrote:
    Could you use that pump to pump out the water and the put on the wellies and bucket it out, also aldi had one and i think it was stronger maybe that would be up to the job?

It looks like a small pump and I got something of similar spec already that I use to filter the water. It hasnt been used in the pond in years though,and it would be clogged up in a few minutes I reckon. Using buckets would take forever and would need an army of people handing out buckets of the water.

Advertisement