Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Fresher's Forums

• 04-09-2006 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Does anybody have any idea if there are any forums where UCC fresher's can get info and stuff??? I checked out the UCC forum itself but there doesn't seem to by much info for first years and stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

was it theUCC boards?
    that you tried?

A number of Student Union people read it regularly so they'll be helpful if you ask questions. I don't know of anything other than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

What sort of information are you looking for? There's plenty of information on the UCC website about orientation and stuff for first years. And we'll be getting information packs from them shortly.
    If you're looking for information on accommodation or nightlife you'd be better off just looking at Cork websites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Particle-Boy

Faerie wrote:
    What sort of information are you looking for? There's plenty of information on the UCC website about orientation and stuff for first years. And we'll be getting information packs from them shortly.
    If you're looking for information on accommodation or nightlife you'd be better off just looking at Cork websites.

Nah, I just wanted a bit of general info. I'm a bit nervous about starting and it would be a tad more reassuring if UCC sent out info packages to the first years. They do that right..? Because all I got yesterday was a big registration package. And what is the story with Fresher's week.. Is there any orientation or anything..? I am so underprepared.. I haven't a clue what's going on! ^_^ :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

You should get a welcome pack from them (atleast i did when i was in first year) All registration dates are here and there should be an orientation on the same day as registration for you. Lecturers start on the 25th and thats freshers week :) enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

there's a new freshers forum on the UCC boards now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement