Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childrens holiday sligo

Options
  • 04-09-2006 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Sligo is one of my favourite spots in Ireland as I do a lot of outdoor activities. The kids (5 and 2) and missus have never seen it so I was thinking of bringing them off for a holiday, but does anyone know of any kiddie friendly things to do there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Theres the Eagles Flying place in Ballymote. Its really good. Lots of animals to see and if the weather is OK they do a flying display with the eagles and owls.
    Also the usual things like cinema, swimming, farms etc.
    Theres an indoor play centre called Happy Days, but I don't know what its like (my two are too old for it).
    Also theres Gillighans World, its a pet farm with lots of fairy type ornaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

They should enjoy happy days as there are 3 different sections depending on age. Possibly the swimming pool at the sports complex just up the road from happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

There's an open farm. They've got peacocks and Angora goats and weird stuff like that. It's Wood-Martins on the Strandhill Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Also Sligo Folk Park in Riverstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Nice walk along the lake at Doorly Park, bring fishing nets. Also try the boat that goes from Parkes Castle back into town, nice way to spend a few hours for kids and parents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Great. Keep em coming. What sort of stuff is in the folk park?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

There's a small reconstucted forge and a display of old machinery and the like. It's a really nice place, but your 2 year old might not appreciate it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

To be honest I wouldn't recommend the folk park. Although it was brilliant on the family fun day a few weeks ago, but I'm glad I never went any other time of the year. Nothing to amuse kids, just a couple of houses. I would say it would be more for adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

HAzelwood and half moon bay - feed the swans, parkes castle, Sligo abbey, Playground in kevinsfort.

Advertisement