Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mach three users

• 04-09-2006 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

You may have noticed that Gillette have released a new flagship Razor - Gillette Fusion,

You may or may not have noticed that you aren't getting as good a shave with the mach three as you used to.

I'm sure I'm not and of the firm opinion that for a couple of months up until the release of the new flagship razor the quality of the mach three blades they released has gone down , probably just by a tiny little bit, just ever so slightly not as sharp, just enough to leave you rubbing your chin after a shave in the morning and wondering about the all new and more expensive fusion.

It's a shaving conspiracy. I needed to share this information.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Maybe your just a sucker for advertisement and bought into the whole "new and improved" lark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

from AH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I think it's time for all men to start growing beards and just using an electric trimmer to keep them neat. These blades are a ridiculous price, saw the new Fusion blades in the supermarket at the weekend, €18 for 4 blades :eek: I only get 3 shaves (if lucky) out a blade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

padi89 wrote:
    Maybe your just a sucker for advertisement and bought into the whole "new and improved" lark.

I didn't buy the new one, I'm just bemoaning the fact that they are purposely sabotaging their own mach three products in order to get me to buy the new one, it's outrageous frankly .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

I remember i saw a program, similar to Dragons Den, where a guy invented this thing to clean used razors like mach 3's and it makes them just as sharp again. Aparently the only reason razors go blunt is beacuse do much gick builds up on them. Anyway the investors wouldn't invest. Their reason was, they thought it was a great idea but said they'd never go up against big companies like Gillette who make money off razors going blunt in the first place. Seemed to be fearfull of Gillette, maybe they are a bit dodgy!;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dark Hair

MooseJam wrote:
    You may have noticed that Gillette have released a new flagship Razor - Gillette Fusion,

You may or may not have noticed that you aren't getting as good a shave with the mach three as you used to.

I'm sure I'm not and of the firm opinion that for a couple of months up until the release of the new flagship razor the quality of the mach three blades they released has gone down , probably just by a tiny little bit, just ever so slightly not as sharp, just enough to leave you rubbing your chin after a shave in the morning and wondering about the all new and more expensive fusion.

It's a shaving conspiracy. I needed to share this information.

Moose,

Believe this or believe it not.... I had a conversation with my better half yesterday on this very subject. I even considered "jockingly" posting it on the conspracies forum.
    I use the Mach 3 to do my head as well as my face and I had come to the conclusion that the Blades has been somewhat degraded for want of a better phrase. The fact as you say that they have a newer mach 4 on the go does not help with my thinking.

I used to use a Mach 3 blade at least three times on my head and 4 on my face. I use one on my head now and the next time I go to do my face it is like the edge of the blade is serated. Now it could just be a bad batch.... but... well... sure we will see.

So you are not going mental by the way :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Thank god, I thought that I was losing the ability to shave. I notice that it hurts a lot more now when I shave, and I'm left with a kind of burning sensation afterwards, but it does seem to be the blades I've bought recently that do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

I've abondoned the murky world of Gillette and their ilk, and have gone back to proper shaving. There's a fad for it in the States apparently. They refer to it as wetshaving. Surely if you use water, it's wet shaving?
    Anyway, I've invested in a Double Edge Safety Razor. You can get 10 blades on the net for €7-10, and as they're double edged, it's more like 20 blades.
    Coupled with a proper shaving soap and a brush, you can free yourself from Gillettes coporate shackles. And save money. And feel really manly :D And get slagged off and called Grandad when you tell people :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Now i know why im geting a shaving rash! Feckin shaving for years and no hassle. In last 2 months im been cut into pieces. And there was me blaming the lidl shaving foam :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Have you tried the LIDL razors? They come in a 20-pack with a fancy-looking but perfectly functional handle in a choice of colours. I can't remember the price, but it wasn't too much. For my money, they seem to be pretty decent. They only have two blades, but I don't think that makes any real difference. (Personally, I got off the Gillette machine after they shifted from two-blade to three-blade.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I use the Gilette Mach3 Power, get a nice clean shave every time. Though I've noticed the blades don't last very long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

I'm using a mach3, but I think I'm going back to the sensor excel. I hear its just as good, but costs less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Yes - it's well known that Gilette drop the quality of their current range as they introduce a new one, since they have a suitable stranglehold on the high end of the razor market.

Might take a look in my local Lidl, as 2 blades are perfectly sufficient for my purposes and I'm not paying more than €1.50 for a blade.

I have an electric razor, but it just doesn't cut it (narf)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Just bow to them and get the new razor and new blades.

Beats the pain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 FX Sheister

Was going to pick up the new one the other day til I saw the price of it. But it would be nice to have that retro effect of turing it over and having just one blade like in the old days my pops talks about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I used to have a Mach 3, which was okay and got a Fusion not that long ago and found the blades to be rubbish on it. I think I'll switch to an electric one again like I had a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I love the way The Onion can now be relied on to predict the future:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/33930

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yes - it's well known that Gilette drop the quality of their current range as they introduce a new one, since they have a suitable stranglehold on the high end of the razor market.

****!

/changes to Lidl razors like I should have done years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

The newer blades were hurting me bad so I went back to the original Mach 3s and they're definitely a much better shave and last longer.

Advertisement