Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

hands free kit

Options
  • 04-09-2006 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

How much does it cost to install a hands free kit in a Toyota car? I'm just looking for an average price range. Is it only official Toyota dealers that could do the job or is there another (cheaper) option?

Where can you actually buy one of the kits?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Well you could go for the integrated option, which will cost money and need to be fitted to the car - a lot of phone places will offer installation as an extra, oer you could go the route I did and buy a bluetooth kit (if supported by your phone) which requires no installation, and works just as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Toyota are doing a very impressive bluetooth kit at the moment.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Blinkers off Colm. Bluetooth devices are available everywhere.

Yeah, but this one has a Toyota badge on it! (The kit will also be fitted by a Toyota technician and covered by warranty)
    (and they're doing a special offer on it)

Also the Parrot handsfree kit comes reccomended!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I heard the Toyota special offer advertised on the radio today. It might be worth checking into. But get a couple of prices elsewhere. I find a lot of main dealer 'offers' are still dearer than regular prices elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

colm_mcm wrote:
    Yeah, but this one has a Toyota badge on it! (The kit will also be fitted by a Toyota technician and covered by warranty)

Wow! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

colm_mcm wrote:

Any details available on this Colm? The Toyota Ireland website is not very useful imo. The current Avensis has a handsfree facility built into the steering wheel controls afaik.

I may be interested if the price is right. ;)

The button on the steering wheel on the Avensis is for the trip computer, on some models the button is for voice activation.

The bluetooth kit is €420 and looks similar to a Motorola kit.
    B0009835UA.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    seems to have more features though. (If you'd use them!) but no screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Thanks Colm, I will have a closer look at it when the car is in for another service soon.

Advertisement