Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Value this car

Options
  • 04-09-2006 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi,

What would you guys value this car at. I am thinking of buying. 2003 Renault Megane , 24,000 miles - 1 owner mint condition, new tyres, full service and 12 months parts and labour. All electrics air con, colour coded bumpers etc.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

i would say about 9000 MAx

here is the referance link i used
    Now i took about 1500 which is usually dealers commision :)
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=488428

P.S i am not a car dealer its my rough estimate !

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

What does "all electrics" mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 wantToScore

i would say about 9000 MAx

here is the referance link i used
    Now i took about 1500 which is usually dealers commision :)
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=488428

P.S i am not a car dealer its my rough estimate !

Do these sums add up??

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

Do these sums add up??

Ive been looking at buying one myself but lower year 00 - 01. Id say your one of 03 low milage is worth about 9K - 13K range. How much is he asking for it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭themessiah

well a 2004 megane 1.4 dynamique with 20000 miles went through auction at 9200 euro last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hi,

What would you guys value this car at. I am thinking of buying. 2003 Renault Megane , 24,000 miles - 1 owner mint condition, new tyres, full service and 12 months parts and labour. All electrics air con, colour coded bumpers etc.....

Is it the saloon, hatchback or estate? Sport or Dynamique spec model(presuming it is not the Authentique spec as you mentioned it has air conditioning)?

Generally the saloon fetches a little bit more than the hatch as the hatchback's rear is an acquired taste.

A 2003 model should from a dealer should fetch around €11k to €12k imo. This may not take into account a straight sale (no trade-in) discount though.

This isn't the one your looking at by chance:
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=497564

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Used Meganes are everywhere at the moment, with the imminent hire drives coming back in the next few weeks, dealers will be trying to get rid of their old stock and make way for the 02/03 trade ins

I wouldn't pay more than 10 (presuming it's not base spec)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

a 2004 sold last month in Merlin car auctions for €9,200. 1.4ltr 20161miles on it

a warranty is worth a lot with some cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

colm_mcm wrote:
    a warranty is worth a lot with some cars.

And its worth alot with a Megane with all that can go wrong. Electrics are a nightmare on some models.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 wantToScore

hi all,

i actually ended up buying the car. 2003 megane dynamique 16V, 24100 miles. Paid 10,400 with 12 months parts and labour warranty.

Well done. best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭sk8board

DinoBot wrote:
    Ive been looking at buying one myself but lower year 00 - 01. Id say your one of 03 low milage is worth about 9K - 13K range. How much is he asking for it ?

quick note on the '00 Meganes:

2 things:

1. go for the 16v 1.4 . Its 98hp and a flyer
    2. Go for the Rxi Spec. The list of extra's is absolutely endless.

I got one 3 years ago, and love it. Could have changes it many times, but never bothered.

Nothing serious serviced over the 3 years: timing belt, boot lock, front wheel rubber sock.

Advertisement