Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Network Group in Cork

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 justmark

when is the next meeting day. i have just asked to join. (if accepted)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AutumnDays

Thanks for the PM Mark, I responded to you.

AFC - Best of luck with that random travel, don't get into too much mischief!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Imperial

Hi everyone,

I've just joined and am very interested in meeting new people in Cork. I'm from Cork originally and have moved back recently. Let me know when you are all meeting next? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Very interested in this, you have pm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 goodcitizen

Illkillya wrote: »
    I'm assuming you're referring what he said about not wanting to join a club that would accept him as a member. But what springs to mind for me is what he said about having "a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it".

The worryingly thing is the whole "exclusive" vibe with a screening process hinged upon the whim of AutumnDays. How many people have you rejected as weirdos so far? How would you determine who is a weirdo and who is not? I could throw out some far fetched examples to illustrate the point but you see what I'm getting at...

Obviously it's your game so you can play it however you want, but as an uninterested randomer offering 2 cents, Cork is a small place. You've done a good job drumming up so many people, but unless you're building your own private army, why the need for behind-the-scenes formality? I'm not a fan of politics, and the "it has worked fine so far" logic justifies nothing and does not mean it is the best approach.

I agree and when I see these so called social groups using words like 'weirdos' and having age limits as part of their application process, I know it's a group I wouldn't have anything to do with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 fly747ie

my work has relocated me to cork, i think that it is a fantastic idea. can someone pm me on this please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

AutumnDays - I plan to do nothing that I wouldn't tell my parents about! :pac:

*Disclaimer: The above statement is a lie! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Imperial

:confused: what's a pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Imperial wrote: »
    :confused: what's a pm?

A pm is a Private Message.

If someone sends you one then you need to go into your inbox to read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 fionaincork

Hi
    I've been looking for something like this. I've been back 6 years now having been away for 14 - which puts me in my forties (early! :))

Like some of you have mentioned the social life has not bounced back at all.

I'd love to hook up and get involved.
    Still taking members!?

Fiona

• Advertisement

Still taking members!?
    Sure am! Have nearly 25 new members since xmas which puts our little 'exclusive' club near about 150 in total at the moment.

I answered all your PMs! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 goodcitizen

Hi
    I've been looking for something like this. I've been back 6 years now having been away for 14 - which puts me in my forties (early! :))

Like some of you have mentioned the social life has not bounced back at all.

I'd love to hook up and get involved.
    Still taking members!?

Fiona

just to be of help there, you have to be between the age of 25 and 35 to be a member of this particular special group as was previously stated in a previous post, glad to be of service.

to be of help there, you have to be between the age of 25 and 35 to be a member of this particular special group as was previously stated in a previous post, glad to be of service.

im 39 and don't mind saying and male at the first post by autumn days its 25 to 40, the first meeting or rather social gathering will be my first and look forward to it.

im 39 and don't mind saying and male at the first post by autumn days its 25 to 40, the first meeting or rather social gathering will be my first and look forward to it.
    just to be of help there, you have to be between the age of 25 and 35 to be a member of this particular special group as was previously stated in a previous post, glad to be of service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 POSH1

AutumnDays wrote: »
    Thanks for the PM Mark, I responded to you.

AFC - Best of luck with that random travel, don't get into too much mischief!! :D
    Hi there,

That sounds great. I have just moved to Cork and have found myself in a bit of a rut regarding the social life. I just wonder if you could please send me some moer details....

Hi POSH, if you PM me your details - I'll get back to you.

Basically, we're a group of professionals, 25-40 age group, mainly expats. If you think it fits, be glad to hear from you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sonia_061

hi there,
    I'm Irish to and would be interested in meeting up. So send me mail. regards sonia;)

AutumnDays wrote: »
    Hey guys

I'm Irish, recently returning back to Cork after several years working abroad. I've just started a social network group, for those like myself returning to Cork after working away, or for anyone else who'd like to expand their social network. So far there are 10 of us, guys and gals, in the 25-40 age group.

The idea is do something casual, meet up a pub in the city once a fortnight, and have some fun. So if you're interested in joining in, send me a PM here and I'll let you know when our next meet-up is.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 irishin

hi have recently moved back home to cork and see you idea for a meet up with fellow corkonians is the group still running?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 maybeso

Hi

I sent a pm to autumn days a while ago. At least i think i did. I'm new to boards.ie :confused: but think the group you've started is a great idea and interested to find out more.. What do I have to do?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ec84

Hi, I PM'd AutumnDays a good while ago but got no response, can you tell me if this is still active? I moved to Cork 6 months ago and haven't exactly developed a circle of friends down here! This sounds like a great idea!
    Thanks for your help :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Dan Dare

Perhaps you didn't satisfy the criteria. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Dan Dare wrote: »
    Perhaps you didn't satisfy the criteria. :)

All this thing is so darn sad :P

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Same here.....PM'd a week or three ago and no response.

Anyone wanna set up another 'social network' group? :D

Max001 wrote: »
    Same here.....PM'd a week or three ago and no response.

Anyone wanna set up another 'social network' group? :D

We are going for pool tomorrow night (see the Cork outings thread on stickies), if you wanna join...altough you don't have to pm me to apply and we have no selection criteria (except for spontaneous ones)...disappointing, uh? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

We are going for pool tomorrow night (see the Cork outings thread on stickies), if you wanna join...altough you don't have to pm me to apply and we have no selection criteria (except for spontaneous ones)...disappointing, uh? lol

As someone once said, I'd not want to join any club that'd have me! ;)

Next time T and appreciate the invite. Off to see Irish Chamber Orchestra
    for a bit of 'culcha' tomorrow night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

As Tira mentioned we are going to play pool tomorrow night.

We organise a lot of stuff in the Cork Social Outings thread and everyone is welcome. We have no age restrictions (as far as I know the social network group is only for people who are 25-35/40).

So far we have had beers nights, several pool nights, 1 dinner evening, 1 cinema trip, 1 photo walk, 3/4 bowling nights....and so on...

So head on over to the Cork Social Outings thread :)

If you have any ideas / suggestions please feel free to share them. Enjoy!

Oh and AutumnDays - I'm not trying to steal your thunder - just making other users aware as to what else happens in Cork

Max001 wrote: »
    As someone once said, I'd not want to join any club that'd have me! ;)

Next time T and appreciate the invite. Off to see Irish Chamber Orchestra
    for a bit of 'culcha' tomorrow night :D

Very appropriate quote ^_^
    "culcha" is what?
    Anyway sounds nice, have a good time.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Should this thread be hived off to a private forum or something ?

Its exclusivity seems to be against the boards ethos which is that everyone is welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I'd agree with Parsi there, I'm not a fan of exclusive clubs.

• Advertisement

maybeso wrote: »
    Hi

I sent a pm to autumn days a while ago. At least i think i did. I'm new to boards.ie :confused: but think the group you've started is a great idea and interested to find out more.. What do I have to do?!

Sorry guys, I've been away for a few weeks, reponded to PM's.
    Oh and AutumnDays - I'm not trying to steal your thunder - just making other users aware as to what else happens in Cork
    Kingtut - no problem hon. Please feel free to use the thread, good to see other networking going on. :)

Advertisement