Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Network Group in Cork

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 ryano77

hey is this social club still active? I would be interested in joining it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 dmchealy

Yep the group is growing in numbers and have just come back from a weekend's camping on Cape Clear! the summer was spent playing tag rugby&hitting the night spots of Cork City. Wehave changed our meeting spot and now meet on the 2nd Tuesday of the month (next Tuesday 14th) at 8.45pm over le Chateau on Patrick St.
    There's a free bowling night in The Planet,Blackpool on Friday 17th September for anyone who's interested in coming along and meeting the gang. Email leesidemacra@gmail.com or check out the facebook page,leave a comment etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

dmchealy wrote: »
    Yep the group is growing in numbers
    dmchealy he is asking about the group set up by AutumnDays which has been inactive for a long time (don't think it runs during the summer), not your Leeside one if I am not mistaken....
    ryano77 wrote: »
    hey is this social club still active? I would be interested in joining it

Hi ryano77,

The group that this thread is for has been inactive for a long time (hence the lack of posts here) however we often organise events in Cork (check out the September meetup thread for this months things).

We often go to the cinema, drinking, bowling, dinner, play pool etc. If there is anything you want to do please suggest it in the September Meetup thread (at the moment there is talk of a weekend trip to Dublin / Galway sometime).

Hopefully see you at one of our boards meetups soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dublinlacrosse

If any of your members would be interested in joining a lacrosse team in cork please let me know.

We are currently starting a womens and a mens team

Thanks,

Tony
    olord@yahoo.com

If any of your members would be interested in joining a lacrosse team in cork please let me know.

We are currently starting a womens and a mens team

Thanks,

Tony
    olord@yahoo.com

Any chance you could tell us a bit more about it? Where you play? Price etc...

I know nothing about the game other than I think it was in American Pie :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 ryano77

kingtut wrote: »
    dmchealy he is asking about the group set up by AutumnDays which has been inactive for a long time (don't think it runs during the summer), not your Leeside one if I am not mistaken....

Hi ryano77,

The group that this thread is for has been inactive for a long time (hence the lack of posts here) however we often organise events in Cork (check out the September meetup thread for this months things).

We often go to the cinema, drinking, bowling, dinner, play pool etc. If there is anything you want to do please suggest it in the September Meetup thread (at the moment there is talk of a weekend trip to Dublin / Galway sometime).

Hopefully see you at one of our boards meetups soon!

hi cheers for the reply. pm sent

ryano77 wrote: »
    hi cheers for the reply. pm sent

Got it, see you at one of our meetups really soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 gizdai

Hey just wondering if your Group is taking new members and what age do you have to be etc??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Julia1

Hi there,
    if this social group is still going I would very interested in finding out more info and also coming along to a night out - was abroad also for a few years but back in Cork a few years and find the social scene not so great except for pubs/clubs - could you let me know when next meet up and if over 40s are welcome!~!;) many thanks -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ms RiRi

Hey guys,

I recently Joined the club - Leeside Macra on facebook.
    Have not met the group or gone out as yet as im quite recent.

I think the group is for 17-35yr olds who live in cork.

If anyone is interested to do something in Cork ...please mail me, my interests are travel , art, dance , going out , cinema , coffee , music, food

(28yr Female)

<mod note: Do not include email addresses in posts>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

It's funny to see this thread pop up again. It is the one that brought me to boards originally!!

As far as I know the person who started this thread no longer runs any meetups. However there are plenty of meetups done directly from the Cork section on here. The next one is Thursday 23rd December.

As for the person asking if over 40's are welcome - I think I speak for everyone when I say YES!! However please be aware that the average age of people attending would be mid/late 20's.

This group is no longer active however there is a very active group in the main forum, just look for the thread that is created for that months events. :)
    wispyman wrote: »
    It's funny to see this thread pop up again. It is the one that brought me to boards originally!!

Funny but kinda annoying when it is dragged up all the time as you say, all people need to do is look in the main thread to see that there is a very active group in Cork... I'm guessing google is responsible for sending people to this thread ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tipp75

Hello, I am writing on behalf of my sister Eleanor who is visually impaired and recently moved to Cork City. She loves meeting new people and would love to attend your next meetup. Her number is <snip> removed number. Thanks

tipp75 wrote: »
    Hello, I am writing on behalf of my sister Eleanor who is visually impaired and recently moved to Cork City. She loves meeting new people and would love to attend your next meetup. Her number is ********. Thanks

Tipp75, welcome to boards.ie
    Firstly I would not put her number in a post, you never know who could see it and use it!!
    Secondly, There are many meetups and if there are any that take her fancy I would recommend posting in the thread for that month. Best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 eirepoochy35

Hello I am very interested i finding out more about your social group and when yhee are meeting next. I am from Cork myself, but out of the scene for a few years and most of my friends are settled now and not on the scene. So hoping to meet new people.

Regards,

Linda.
    AutumnDays wrote: »
    Hey guys

I'm Irish, recently returning back to Cork after several years working abroad. I've just started a social network group, for those like myself returning to Cork after working away, or for anyone else who'd like to expand their social network. So far there are 10 of us, guys and gals, in the 25-40 age group.

The idea is do something casual, meet up a pub in the city once a fortnight, and have some fun. So if you're interested in joining in, send me a PM here and I'll let you know when our next meet-up is.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Hello I am very interested i finding out more about your social group and when yhee are meeting next. I am from Cork myself, but out of the scene for a few years and most of my friends are settled now and not on the scene. So hoping to meet new people.

Regards,

Linda.

If you read the whole thread you will see that this group isnt going anymore. We have boards meet ups every month, there are usually stickies at the top of the Cork forum. Everyone is welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Regards,

Linda.

check out the ladies lounge. if you havent been on it there is a thread about making female friends and talks of forming a ladies met up group

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lucycork

check out the ladies lounge. if you havent been on it there is a thread about making female friends and talks of forming a ladies met up group[/Quote]

Hi! Sorry to use you as an information kiosk but could you direct me to that thread?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Lucycork wrote: »

Hi! Sorry to use you as an information kiosk but could you direct me to that thread?
    Thanks

Likewise.

I've been exiled in Galway for near on 6 years and returning to Cork at the end of the month.

But i'm a male so i assume the 'Ladies Lounge' isn't for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

hi lucy

since you only have 6 posts you need to contact a modator with a pic of yourself to get access to the private ladies lounge. i know they are trying to organise a met up in oct. pm me if you want same to you sofa king lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I can has access? My pic is not faek, I swearz....

175278.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1 elflynn

Hi, I'm 32 and also just moved back to Cork for work after several years abroad. I'd love some more info on the group to meet new people!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

http://www.meetup.com/Meetups-in-Cork/

There's dinner in Bierhalle coming up this Saturday and there's a place or two left. Really nice people. This group kinda started off as an offshoot from Boards meet-ups.

I'm away this weekend but you might let me know of the next thing, thanks

I'm away this weekend but you might let me know of the next thing, thanks

Hi Lucy,

I post a link to all of our meetups events here so keep an eye on it (perhaps save it as a bookmark). We intend to have 1 meetup every 2 weeks :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056902519

Found it and signed on the dotted line, fair play on the P.R.
    Trying to beat the Prague record?

Found it and signed on the dotted line, fair play on the P.R.
    Trying to beat the Prague record?

Hmm that is doubtful, it is almost at 1000 members although meetups reached 100 members today !!!

Actually you are our 100th member !!! CONGRATULATIONS!*

*You get to buy all of us a pint

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Preethi Balaji

Hi, I recently arrived in Cork, came across this website. Can I get more information on this?
    Thanks
    Preeti

Hi, I recently arrived in Cork, came across this website. Can I get more information on this?
    Thanks
    Preeti

Hi Preeti,

You can find all of our meetups here:

http://www.meetup.com/Meetups-in-Cork/

Thanks,
    kingtut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Preethi Balaji

Thanks Kingtut :)

Advertisement