Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Music won't work, also Version Query

• 04-09-2006 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

Hi I got a Dell Deminsion 5150 with Media Center 2005.
    two problems

1. have a remote etc and its fun but My Music will not recognise any songs !! , its now saying its got 147 unknown albums but will not play them. I had partitions one hard drive and called it M (multimedia) and the music is there.
    I've also set up Windows media Player to create Music Library from there and that works. I also moved one album to my documentts to see would it play that - no luck, I've removed folders and added etc, shut down, restarted, but no luck.

the thing is if I go into artists it lists all the artists but not their alumbs or songs !! Help !

(lol was near tears last night becuase up to then was quite enjoying the novelty of a new pc )

2. I went on microsoft.com to download update and it would not run said " was not appropriate to the OS installed"
    clicked my computer, says I've Windows XP, Media Centre 2002

On all my Dell notification it says MCE 2005. ?? Should I get onto Dell ??

3. Lastly, no disks were included, how hard is it to get them to forward the XP disks ? Can I insist ? and If I do get them can I just re-install Meadia Center rather than having to start from scratch again ??
    Is there a way I can burn a copy /resource version of XP off the machine (which won't really help if there is a problem with this install I guess )

I really appreciate the help, Ok can I ask a 4th probably silly question ?
    If I got an analogue tuner can i watch rte/tvs on the pc and get the portable out of the room (don't have digital tv) and if so are the USB tuners OK, or is a card better ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

1- im having a similar issue at the minute.
    will the songs play in windows media player?

2- i think mce 2003 is right. ill check when i get home, but im fairly sure thats what windows mce 2005 calls itself internally

3- you can buy the disc from dell for 5euro i think. you would have had the option when buying. ring up and ask, the tech guys can usually send them out easliy enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Yea Windows Media Player had no problem adding them to the Library and playing them.

Its just bizarre : shows 149 "unknown Albums" ; I thought that it might not be accessign the internet for the artwork and details, but when you go into artists lists the artists ; but nothing when you select album or song :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

for any one interested the solution is

click OPEN, RUN and type : regsvr32.exe wmp.dll

Advertisement