Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do they do that?

Options
  • 04-09-2006 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

Could someone please tell me how Amazon create use links such as this to access pages?

What sort of directory structure do they use?

http://www.amazon.com/Looming-Tower-Al-Qaeda-Road-11/dp/037541486X/ref=pd_ts_c_th_1/103-9086696-6630232?ie=UTF8

I am working in PHP by the way.

I understand when you insert a file name without the .php ending and manually tell your server to output this file name as a php file.

Then you use the forward slashes after the filename is entered as query arguments.

Such as

www.whatever.com/cars/peugeot206

The server send outs cars out as a php script. This PHP script uses "peugeot206" as a search argument returning the webpage on the peugeot 206.

I am trying to improve my search engine results so am interested if anyone could shed some light on how amazon configures their links.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement