Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems in the Photography Forum

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

oscarBravo wrote:
    :eek: Did you just threaten someone with an axe??

Worse, a CHILLED axe. :( I think you are looking too much into this jools, in all fairness.

edit: nevermind dealt with, thanks Myth. :)

Ruu wrote:
    Worse, a CHILLED axe. :( I think you are looking too much into this jools, in all fairness.

He's banned for a month, Ruu.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/banlist.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Well I, for one, an sorry to see jools banned. Despite everything he was largely responsible for civilising a lot of smart elicks and making the photography forum a more inviting venue.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We dont have time or the inclination to babysit everyone who wigs out and deliberately takes offence to common usage of English. I read Photography all the time (its in my subbed fora) and it seems fine to me.

Some people need to learn that just as there is a right to speech, there's a right to shutting the hell up.

DeV.

I know, it's just that I find jools a decent charachter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Anyone who will vigorously campaign against Boards.ie's involvement in the slave trade business is AOK with me.

Some day all you people are going to see that it's not okay to 0wn someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Indeed.

A muppet is for life, not just for Christmas.

Hmm!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I've just seen this thread now, and can I just say that I, for one, have no problem with rymus*.
    The forum can sometimes become a little heated due to opinions of people's "work", but 99% of the time, it's handled well, and that's all we can expect.

S.

*other than he's a raging homosexual, but what he does in his time is his own business... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

sinecurea wrote:
    I've just seen this thread now, and can I just say that I, for one, have no problem with rymus.
    The forum can sometimes become a little heated due to opinions of people's "work", but 99% of the time, it's handled well, and that's all we can expect.

S.

Here here.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Hehe, erm Fajitas!, I sorta, edited my post a ilttle bit. I didn't realise you had posted afterwards. But your "Here here" gives it a new twist. :)
    Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

sinecurea wrote:
    I've just seen this thread now, and can I just say that I, for one, have no problem with rymus*.

S.

*other than he's a raging homosexual, but what he does in his time is his own business... :)

Yeah Al's post does seem alot funnier now :P

re the topic... i empathise with jools' post, however i feel that the post was brought on by a general thread and turned into a personal issue. I understand why he is upset and feel he was right to raise the issue if the felt that strongly about it. However, regarding the standard of modding in the photo forum - rymus has a somewhat unique sense of 'dry wit' which not everyone appreciates or gets... personally I find it very amusing 99% of the time, but sometimes it can be interpreted in the wrong way. Its Cork humour 'like' :D . I think other than the occassional OTT comment (no more than some other users) rymus does a very efficient job. I am sorry to see this happen to jools though, it is a pity that it all got that nasty.

i know thats a kinda 'sitting on the fence' post, but i do understand jools thoughts and support him raising them if the issue was important to him. However I do also feel that general frustration with the politics of the forum is often directed solely at rymus which is unfair also. Some times it can be like modding a war zone there... maybe rymus should get an additional job in AH :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

sinecurea wrote:
    Hehe, erm Fajitas!, I sorta, edited my post a ilttle bit. I didn't realise you had posted afterwards. But your "Here here" gives it a new twist. :)
    Classic.

Oh I don't mind. In the slightest. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Fajitas! wrote:
    Oh I don't mind. In the slightest. :D

lol dont encourage him!! you know he is always looking for volunteers :D :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

rymus wrote:
    alas it seems that someone got there with the slappage before I did. Some people just dont stop talking until no further course of action remains
    That was me.

Personally though, generally when I say I'm going to slap someone, I'm flirting with them.
    Valentia wrote:
    I know, it's just that I find jools a decent charachter.
    He should count himself lucky he's only banned for a month. We cannot tolerate threats of violence, but by the same token we cannot tolerate clearly unfounded accusations of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭leche solara

The thread in question threw out the question of why people were reluctant to post to the photography forum. There was much discussion of elitism and bullying, and some posters (I'm one of them) felt that there was/is an element of both. There were opinions on all sides of the fence, and I think that's what the OP intended. People were being given an option to let off steam, and maybe some did so because they saw an opportunity to do when they wouldn't be on there own. This was a chance for the silent minority to be heard.
    I find it ironic then that when someone takes the opportunity to express their views that they end up being banned by one of the moderators.
    I think if the original thread was started again in a few days time the feedback would be quite different, in light of the Lord of the Flies type scene we have witnessed.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I find it ironic then that when someone takes the opportunity to express their views that they end up being banned by one of the moderators.

I find it ironic too. I also find it fair enough in this case...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endymion

I have to say, I only casually read the photography forum, but yes, there does indeed seem to be allot of digs at people when there's no reason for it, just to be basically a bastard. Reading a thread there recently, where a lad posted a picture, said he was an amateur, and used Photoshop, Only for someone to accuse him of lying about his abilities, I mean Jesus. And I've read similar in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

"Help Help I am being oppressed"

"Yes, yes you are.."

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Oh. My. God. :eek:

Does this mean I have to change my tagline incase someone thinks I might actually put on a pair of jack boots, come round to their house and kick the loving bejesus out of them!?

I nominate this thread for the "Most Pointless Complaint Ever"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Is it possible to slap someone through TFT screens , or does this only work with the older crt's ? .

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Beruthiel wrote:
    Does this mean I have to change my tagline incase someone thinks I might actually put on a pair of jack boots, come round to their house and kick the loving bejesus out of them!?
    Oh, puh-lease. Like you're gonna pretend you don't do this all the time... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

Good evening all.
    Can some one of the powers that be let me know if I am now unbanned? I believe my period of banning was due to expire this evening. Am I allowed read and post to all the usual forums including the photography one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Can some one of the powers that be let me know if I am now unbanned?
    The forum admins might if you PM them.

The forum admins might if you PM them.

Have you any idea who they are? If so can you please let me know who I should contact about it?

joolsveer wrote:
    Have you any idea who they are? If so can you please let me know who I should contact about it?
    Listed here

That link does not work for me. I get a message saying I don't have the necessary permission.

permission.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yes..because you're banned. Log out and go look..

BuffyBot wrote:
    Huh, strange. When I changed it to nologin.boards.ie, I was able to view it as a logged out visitor. Assumed it would work the same for him.

• Advertisement

BuffyBot wrote:

I can't see anything that says that I'm banned whether I'm logged in or not.

Advertisement