Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2fm's 'Live Update'.

• 04-09-2006 7:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭

:D Seriously, what the hell?

Whatever hapened to just 'News'?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭sudzs

I think they shipped the 2FM "news" over to replace Five Seven Live...

Dear God, did you hear it yesterday...???

"Livin' the life, lovin' the music"
    "Another 12 songs in a row"

Seems the new package of airchecks simply has a lot of useless banter, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

104 have been calling their news an update for years.. Is that the best 2FM can do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭yamo

it's all a bit 98/q102 really isn't it? living the life, loving the music is like a slogan from the 1980s. seems to me like it's a quasi-rebrand that wasn't thought out properly.

some fairly decent analysis of 2fm vs beat/spin/youth radio here:

http://archives.tcm.ie/businesspost/2006/06/04/story14740.asp

and this is a decent survey:

http://www.moremusiclesstalk.com/our_survery_2fm.htm

i'm not sure I agree 100% with their aim, but it's interesting to see that 56% of marty in the morning is talk. I don't listen that often, but when I do, the links seem to be getting a bit longer and have a bit less purpose than they used to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

You would think they would use someone with an irish accent for their jingles.

• Advertisement

In a lot of cases, jingles aren't produced in house, rather are contracted to the likes of Jam Creative Productions. So in those cases you're unlikely to get a local accent.

But yeah, it does sound like something 98FM would have done 10 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I love how they've tagged the bulletins "news beat"....a term that's been used for years and years by BBC R1.
    2FM also "borrowed" the format of the evening newsbeat, an extended bulletin that BBC do at 5.45...I think 2FM do their's at 7.30?

I'm always giving out about how domestic youth radio lags so much behind radio 1....but I hate to see ideas blatantly plagiarised (IMO) like that....yet the dire music policies and same old same DJs remain.

I noticed this morning that the news jingle has changed to "2FM News" rather than "2FM's Live Update."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Karsini wrote:
    I noticed this morning that the news jingle has changed to "2FM News" rather than "2FM's Live Update."

Yep, they've changed it back again. Must've seen the error of their ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I would have done that a long time ago only Listowel is a Today FM blackspot.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

Wertz wrote:
    I love how they've tagged the bulletins "news beat"....a term that's been used for years and years by BBC R1.
    2FM also "borrowed" the format of the evening newsbeat, an extended bulletin that BBC do at 5.45...I think 2FM do their's at 7.30?

I'm always giving out about how domestic youth radio lags so much behind radio 1....but I hate to see ideas blatantly plagiarised (IMO) like that....yet the dire music policies and same old same DJs remain.

Indeed 2fm is the poor relation to BBC Radio1 which is 40 yrs old next year and is even more relevant today than ever it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭superdudeman007

Wertz wrote:
    2FM also "borrowed" the format of the evening newsbeat, an extended bulletin that BBC do at 5.45...I think 2FM do their's at 7.30

It's been replaced by Avril. Cant decide which is worse.

Advertisement